Ardabil is historical city in Azerbaijan region of Iran.
- Shourabil Lake- A natural pond almost inside the city. Don't miss Shourabil. It gets really beautiful especially in sunset. It also freezes in winter.
- The complex of Sheikh Safi-ad-din Ardabili is a World Heritage Site, comprising the following components: the mausoleums of Sheikh Safi and Shah Ismail I, Chini khaneh (meaning the house of chinaware), a mosque, Jannat Sara (meaning the house of paradise), Khanaqah (the house of Dervishes), Cheragh Khaneh (the house of lamps), Shahid khaneh (the house of martyrs) and Chelleh Khaneh (the place where devotees shut themselves up during the forty days of Lent). The mausoleum of Sheikh Safi, the dome of which is called "Allah-Allah" has an octagonal interior.
- Masjid Jameh Ruins of once magnificent and unique Mosque.
- Mirza Ali Akbar mosque and school This comlex dates back to Qajar period
- Ardabil Bazaar This beautiful Persian bazaar was built during Safavid period and in addition to main bazaar hall with open vaults has a hammam and a small yet mystifying mosque.
- Ardabil bridges Ardabil host numerous historical bridges namely Pol-e Gilandeh, Pol-e Nayer, Pol-e Haft Cheshmeh, Pol-e Panj Cheshmeh and Pol-e She Cheshmeh and Qarah Soo Bridge, most were built during Safavid era.
- Imamzadeh Saleh mausoleum The mausoleum of Imamzadeh Saleh who is a descendant of a Shia Imam was built 250 years ago.
- Saint Mary church This Armenian orthodox church has a beautiful wooden main door and painted dome built in 1876.
- Mausoleum of Sheikh Jebra'il
- Babadavood anbaran- friday mosque
Take a walk around the Chaldoran street in Sar'eyn, the famous street of the city for tourists. This city is always shining and many people are awake after midnight, shopping, eating, going to the spa water and ...
lots of good food
The traditional food there is called " Ashe- Doogh"
Also the kebabs are perfect
If you are visiting Ardabil, getting out the city is a must-do! Remember to visit Sare'in town. It is the most important tourist center of the province. You can reach Sare'in by taking taxis. You can take a taxi anywhere in the city to go to Sare'in but if you are looking for the cheapest way you have to go to "Istgah-e-Sare'in" (Sare'in Station) where you will find cheap travel to there. Sare'in is famous for its great Spa pools. This trip will not take more than 30 mins.
Visiting Gardan-e-Heyran is also highly recommended. It is a road which is built in the heart of Heyran jungles. You will also find a telecabin there.