* [[Taranto (province)|Taranto]]
* [[Taranto (province)|Taranto]]
| || |
| || |
Revision as of 02:12, 16 January 2013
Apulia (Italian: Puglia) is a region in southeastern Italy.
Apulia (Puglia in Italian) is sometimes referred to as "the heel of Italy", in reference to the country's boot-like shape.
Bari Palese international airport has flights to international destinations including the UK, Belgium and Germany and flights to Italian destinations including Milan and Rome.
From Brindisi Airport, there are flights to Switzerland and the UK as well as Italian destinations.
From the UK, Ryanair flies to Bari and Brindisi from Stansted in London.
British Airways also flies to Bari with a summer schedule.
Train from Rome can take about 6 hours and is usually very packed. Don't forget to validate your ticket!
- It takes 3 hours from Rome to enter into the region of Puglia.
- It takes 1 hour from the Naples area to get into the area of Puglia.
- The drive is all highway and the roads have recently been all reconstructed and widened in 2012. They are toll highways - from Rome to Trani runs about 30 Euros.
There are many ferry companies providing service several times daily from Greece (i.e. Corfu, Igoumenitsa, Cephalonia, Zante, Patras) to Bari and Brindisi.
Ferrovie del sud est offers train and bus service in the region.
There are a lot of things to see in Puglia: Trulli in Alberobello, Old town in Bari, Trani, beaches in Monopoli.
You can also see the Castellana Grotte, Castel del Monte, the castle of Federick II, Polignano, Conversano, Martina Franca and Ostuni, the "white city".
Santa Maria Al Bagno is a small fishermen village, district of Nardò, and it is located on the coastline of the Gulf of Taranto, Ionian west coast. It has beautiful unspoilt beaches all along the coast. Santa Maria Al Bagno is approximately 45 mins travelling time by car from Brindisi and approximately 1hr 30 mins from Bari. There are several food shops in the village, restaurants, pubs, bars open in summer 24h a day, a chemist, a post office, newsagent shops and a weekly market every Sunday. Lots of large supermakets, shopping centres and fashion boutiques are in the town nearby such as Nardò, Galatina, Gallipoli and Lecce.
In July there's a typical music festival in Melpignano near Lecce where you hear the famous "Pizzica".
Visit the Gargano National Park and the Tremiti islands.
- Osteria Ferro e Fuoco, Piazza Mazzini, 8 (It is located inside of Trani at Piazza Mazzini), ☎ +390883587387, . 7:30pm - 12am. The Tavern is called "Iron and Fire" and it comes from the desire of the owners Teresa and Mimmo to show off all of their 20+ years of experience within the field of culinary arts. 25.
- PIETRA BIANCA, Piazza Re Manfredi 12 - Trani, ☎ +39883507278, . 7:00pm. Located in one of the most evocative and rich history of Trani in Piazza Re Manfredi, in front of the Castello Svevo and a few meters from the Queen of the Cathedrals of Puglia, White Stone has both outdoor tables of places within . The menu is inspired by local tradition. Meals are served caressed by the breeze of the nearby sea. A wide choice of starters, both raw and cooked oysters, clams, prawns, scampi, swordfish and more, in a menu up to date according to the season. The first courses offer solutions for all tastes: you can discover delicate flavors like fresh fish soup cooked in a wood oven, or the fragrance of a classic risotto with seafood. Fresh fish is the protagonist in the choice of the second. Prawns, shrimp, grouper, turbot, red mullet, lobster, lobster, seafood and news of the catch of the day. For those who prefer other, Stone Bank offers alternative solutions: meat dishes and excellent pizzas, rigorously cooked in a wood oven. Excellent wines, carefully chosen from the best national and local red and white. 25 E.
- Osteria Madre Terra, SS 170 DIR. A KM 7,050, 76123 Andria, Italy, ☎ +39339 300 2618, . 7:30 pm - midnight. This countryside place near Castle Del Monte in Andria is an off the beaten track beautiful jewel where you will find only the top Puglia foods prepare the slow food way. Please call in advance for Reservations and tell them that CMC World Travel sent you! Cost: 25 Euros per person.
- B&B Gallipoli, S.V. Santa Venardia Gallipoli LE, ☎ 328.1863440, . Good value compared to hotels. Close to beaches and town center.
- Transportation & Touring Apuglia Region = CMC World Travel & Tours
For a private tour with an English speaking guide contact CMC World Travel at +39 329 698 6641. Shore Excursions from the port of Bari are avilable of the entire region.