- 25th April: ANZAC Day, a public holiday in Australia and New Zealand. Dawn and morning commemorative services at war memorials and other places in both countries as well as in Gallipoli in Turkey.
- 29th April: Greenery Day (みどりの日 Midori no hi), Japan
- 30th April: Walpurgis Night, celebrated in Sweden (Valborgsmässoafton), Finland (Vappu) and Germany (Walpurgisnacht)
- Buddha's birthday: The Buddha's birth, enlightenment and passing beyond life and death are all celebrated in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand, on the 15th day of the 6th month of the lunar calendar - which is usually in April according to the Gregorian calendar.
- The starting day of Golden Week in Japan, an extremely popular time to travel — best avoided as transport and accommodations are often booked solid
- Early April: Kanamara Matsuri (金まら祭り), also known as the Iron Penis Festival, in Kawasaki, Japan
- Carnival, in Jamaica
- Carnival in US Virgin Islands
- Grand National at Aintree Racecourse near Liverpool, England
- London Marathon, in London, England
- Cannes Film Festival, in Cannes, France
- New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, in New Orleans, USA
- The Merrie Monarch Festival, in Hilo, Hawaii