Apex Alpine Resort is a ski village in the Okanagan region of British Columbia. The closest city is Penticton
The only method into the village is by road. It is about a 45 minute drive from Penticton. The road comes to a 'Y' junction at the Apex Guest Ranch. Turn left (east) to Penticton, and right (west) to Keremeos. You can also take your chances on the Hedley Corkscrew Road which winds down the mountain to Hedley via a system of switchbacks. This is not recommended in the winter without a very good 4x4 vehicle.
Well, you will want to ski of course! You can ski from the upper village to the main part, where the hotels and restaurants are. Otherwise, you will have to drive or snowmobile. Snowmobile rental is available.
There is also a Horse-drawn cart ride available, though this is not a practical method of transportation.
- The view from the top! Many days at Apex will have clear blue skies, and you can see a thick blanket of clouds below covering the Okanagan Valley.
- Double-Diamond Hostel , +1 250 292-8256, toll free: +1 866 APEXRES. Features inexpensive dorms and also private rooms for couples/families (or those that want to pay more for privacy). Shared bathrooms and kitchen. High-speed internet cafe/coffee bar. TV room. Fireplace. Games room. Laundry facilities. Very friendly staff. Dorms $20; Private rooms $59.
- Apex Mountain Inn , +1 250 292-8126. Ski in/ski out. Outdoor patio with hot tubs. High Speed Wireless Internet. Restaurant and spa in lobby. Rates depend on the date, packages available. Standard room: $155-185.
- Saddleback Lodge , +1 250 292-8118. Bed and Breakfast rooms. Some private kitchenettes. High speed wireless internet access. Specials and packages available. Rooms $150-$275.
- Apex Accommodations , +1 250 292-8256, toll free: +1 866 APEXRES. Arranges accommodations in several different lodges, condos, and cabins. A worthy option for groups. Rates vary by property.