Apalachicola  is a city in the Florida Panhandle.
Miles of uncrowded pristine beaches, an endless supply of protected shallow bays, excellent fishing and acres of National and State forests to explore. Finest oysters and seafood.
Unless you have a plane, in which case you could arrive at Apalachicola Regional Airport Template:IATA:AAF, you will need to arrive by car. Apalachicola lies on US-98/US-319. You can pick up US-319 through the national forest straight from Tallahassee (1.5 hours), and US-98 will lead in along the coast from Panama City (1 hour).
Apalachicola is small and easily seen on foot. It is laid back and very easy to navigate. Locals are glad to direct you wherever you need to go. Also there are boat and fishing tours available in the area.
- Apalachicola Maritime Museum, 103 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-2500 (email@example.com). Sailing tours on the Apalachicola River and bay
- the Great Plein Air Paint-out: The Grand Patrons' Party, Cotton Warehouse Apalachicola, Florida, ☎ 800-378-8419. Artists have been asked to reserve their very best work to present to local and visiting art patrons at a Wetroom party in the Cotton Warehouse. This tribute to “the best of the best”, from 6:60-10:30pm, will include live music, delicious food, and the opportunity to purchase the premium art from the paint-out. Tickets are $75 per couple, $40 each, limited to 200 guests. $75 couple $40 each.
- Apalachicola Antique & Classic Boat Show, downtown on Water Street (Apalachicila, Florida), ☎ (850) 653-9419, . 10-4. 12th Annual Apalachicola Antique & Classic Boat Show the 3rd Saturday in April. Antique boats, examples of classic and traditional vessels, workboats, and fiberglass and aluminum classics will all be on display throughout the day. This festival emphasizes the maritime history of our picturesque coastal town. Special highlights include authentic oyster boats, workboats, and home-built boats by skilled craftsmen, antique outboard engines, plus antique automobiles and art booths. The classic, gaff rigged schooner, Governor Stone, will be featured dockside. Built in 1877, it has been totally restored and is an exhibit unto itself. It is a National Historic Landmark. free.
- Historic Apalachicola Home & Garden Tour, (Apalachicola, Florida), ☎ (850) 653-9550. Many of Apalachicola’s private homes and buildings can only be viewed from the exterior except for this unique day. For a $15.00 donation you can take a guided tour through architecturally and historically significant homes, churches and commercial buildings. All donations benefit the Trinity Episcopal Restoration Fund. Call (850) 653-9550
- Apalachicola Sponge Company. M-Sa 10AM-5PM. Handmade olive oil and goats milk soap sponges.
- Forgotten Coast Outfitters. Outdoor clothing and fly fishing equipment.
- The Grady Market. Several antique shops, artist galleries, and clothing boutiques.
- Oystercatcher. Womens, girls and baby apparel and accessories.
- River City Trading Company, 82 Commerce Street. Men and women's clothing accessories.
- Sirens Boutique, Avenue D and Market Street. Women's clothing and accessories.
- Two Gulls. Daily 10AM-5PM. Gifts and souvenirs.
- http://www.stgeorgeislandchili.com/sitemap.htm, St. George Island, Florida, ☎ (850) 653-6740. St. George Island Charity Chili Cook-off & Auction March 4-6 Contestants square off in the largest Regional Chili Cookoff in the nation. For more information call (850) 653-6740. (29.7321850039,84.7334289551)
- Apalachicola Seafood Grill, 100 Market Street (by the traffic signal), ☎ +1 850-653-9510. M-Sa 11:30AM-8PM. Get the "world's largest" fried fish sandwich. Great selection of beer.
- Boss Oyster, 123 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-9364 (fax: +1 850-653-2018). Lunch & dinner 7 days a week.. Waterfront location. If you're an oyster fan, they offer more that 15 styles of Apalachicola Bay oysters.
- Caroline's Dining on the River, 123 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-8139 (fax: +1 850-653-2018). Fine dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Old Time Soda Fountain, 93 Market Street, ☎ +1 850-653-2606. M-Sa. As the name implies, this is an 50's themed soda fountain that serves ice cream, malts, floats and soda.
- The Owl Café, 15 Avenue D (at Commerce Street), ☎ +1 850-653-9888. Local seafood, steak and pasta.
- Papa Joe's Oyster Bar & Grill, 301-B Market Street, ☎ +1 850-653-1189 (fax: +1 850-653-3458). M-Th 11:30AM-9PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-10PM. Dine overlooking the Apalachicola River. Steaks and seafood along with an oyster bar.
- Red Top Café, 238 US Highway 98, ☎ +1 850-653-8612. Open 7 days a week.. This family style restaurant serves up steaks, seafood, sandwiches and chicken.
- Tamara's Café Floridita, 17 Avenue E (one block east of flashing light), ☎ +1 850-653-4111. 10:30AM-10PM. Caribbean/South American style meals, including seafood and homemade desserts.
- Verandas Wine Bar Bottle Shop and Bistro, Avenue D and Market Street, ☎ +1 850-653-3210. Serves local seafood in addition to steak and pasta. Also one of the largest retail wine stores in the area.
- Viscardi's at Night, 100 Market Street, ☎ +1 850-653-9510. Now defunct.
- Wheelhouse, 317 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-8860. Tu-Su. closed
- http://www.stjamesbay.com/, 151 Laughing Gull Lane, St. James, ☎ 850-697-5050. Come to the Crooked River Grill for breakfast, lunch, or our steak and seafood dinners. Sit in our dining room or on the patio. The Grill features full banquet facilities and a gazebo, making it the ideal setting for special occasions.
Most restaurants have a full bar and there are numerous liquor stores in the area. Check out the nightlife in Saint George and Eastpoint.
- Night Owl, 15 Avenue D, ☎ +1 850-653-9888. Now listed as the Owl's Wine Room. Large selection of wines, focus is mainly American.
- Spoonbill, 123 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-8139 (fax: +1 850-653-2018).
- Apalachicola River Inn, 123 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-8139 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1 850-653-2018). Lodging, marina and restaurant.
- Bay City Lodge, 1000 Bay City Road, ☎ +1 850-653-9294 (email@example.com). Motel and cabins. If you're planning on fishing, the lodge sells bait and tackle and will clean your fish and your boat.
- Best Western, Apalach Inn, 249 US Highway 98 West, ☎ +1 850-653-9131 (tollfree:1-800-528-1234. Only chain hotel in Apalachicola.
- Bryant House Bed & Breakfast, 101 Sixth Street, ☎ +1 850-653-3270 (tollfree:1-888-554-4376) (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1 850-653-9663), . Serves a full German breakfast (Frühstück).
- The Consulate, 76 Water Street, ☎ +1 850-653-1515 (email@example.com). Four suites overlooking the Apalachicola River. Rooms have a kitchen and balcony.
- Coombs House Inn, 80 6th Street, ☎ +1 850-653-9199 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1 850-653-2785), . A Bed and Breakfast in a restored Victorian mansion. $80-225.
- Gibson Inn, 51 Avenue C, ☎ +1 850-653-2191 (email@example.com). 30 rooms in a turn-of-the-century Victorian home. Rooms have a full bath, phone, TV and wi-fi. The inn also has a restaurant and bar.
- House of Tartts, 50 Avenue F, ☎ +1 850-653-4687 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Guesthouse in historic downtown. All rooms have a private bath.
- Witherspoon Inn, 94 5th Street, ☎ +1 850-653-9186. Former residence of Captain Witherspoon. Rooms have their own bath.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!
Dmoz:North America/United States/Florida/Localities/A/Apalachicola/