Angels Camp is a city in Calaveras County in California's Gold Country.
Angels Camp is approximately 2 1/2 hours from the Bay Area on Highways 49 and 4.
Approximately 2 hours South East of Sacramento.
- Natural Bridge Day Use Area (off Parrotts Ferry Road, between Columbia and Highway 4). Consists of a series of three partly submerged caverns running through mountains. The first cave is only a 3/4 mile hike down the hill, and includes inscriptions dating back to the early 1900s. The second and third caves are much further downstream, an extra 1/2 and 3/4 mile respectively. Water depth in all caves ranges from about ankle deep at the entrance to about 8 halfway. Perfectly safe to swim through with only a few fish and crawdads, but one should bring a flashlight to improve visibility in nooks and crannies.
- County Fair and Jumping Frog Jubilee, 101 Frogtown Road (Follow signs on Highway 49), ☎ (209) 736-2561, . Calaveras County's most popular annual festivity. Held at "Frog Town", the county fairground, this event draws thousands of visitors every May. The inspiration for the fair is taken from Mark Twain's short story "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" in which two men gamble over whose frog can jump farthest. Sticking to the spirit of the story, visitors are able to compete in their own contest. The fair also features carnival rides, musical performances, food, a destruction derby, livestock auction, as well as a variety of exhibits.
- Mountain Aire Concerts, 101 Frogtown Rd., . Features music with national acts and local bands, exhibitors, an air show, camping, and many other activities.
- Angels Consignment Closet, 1262 S. Main Street (Downtown), ☎ 209.736.6777, . 11-5. Consignment Clothing and Furniture. 10-40.
- Angels Food Market & Deli, 396 N. Main Street, ☎ 209-736-4243. Full-service, top-quality meats, fresh seafood, deli, baked breads. #1 grade produce with variety of organics. Complete wine and liquor department. We specialize in customers needs and requests. Family owned and operated since 1935.
- CAMPS Restaurant & Steakhouse, 711 McCauley Ranch Road, ☎ 209-729-8181, . The best steak and fresh seafood in the Gold Country. Relax in a rustic atmosphere with views of the golf course. Greenhorn Creek brunch, lunch and dinner selections are are a favorite among locals and visitors.
- Crusco's, 1240 S. Main St., ☎ 209-736-1440. Located in a beautiful 150 year old stone building, Crusco's is an Italian influenced fine dining establishment featuring regional specialties, fine wines, homemade focaccia bread, and desserts. One of the best restaurants in the Mother Lode.
- Far East Chinese Restaurant, Frog Jump Plaza, Highways 4 & 49, ☎ 209-736-6718. Enjoy freshly prepared Chinese Food. Has a menu loaded with your favorite Chinese dishes. Come on in and see for yourself.
- Mike's Pizza of Angels, 294 S. Main St., ☎ 209-736-9246. Old fashioned Pizza Parlor with a family atmosphere serving pizza, pasta, ribs, sandwiches, burgers, appetizers, salad bar, and sodas, beer and wine. Open daily from 11; dine-in, take-out or delivery.
- Rodz Grille, 730 S. Main St., ☎ 209-736-0170. 6AM-10PM. Open . Family dining at its best. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Featuring an all-you-can-eat salad bar, children's and senior menus. Food to go is also available.
- The Pickle Barrel, 1225 S. Main Street, ☎ 209-736-4704, . M-Sa 11AM-4PM. Located in historic Downtown Angels Camp, specializing in quality sandwiches made from meat grilled out on our back patio. Hot "panini" sandwiches, cold sandwiches, wraps, soups, homemade potato salad, and carrot cake from grandma's recipe.
- Angels Camp Resort, 123 Selkirk Ranch Road, ☎ 800-867-2095. Spacious condominiums feature a full kitchen, gas fireplace, and furnished patios. All condos are incorporated in a resort atmosphere that includes an outdoor pool and spa, tennis courts, exercise facilities, and game room.
- Angels Camp RV & Camping Resort, 3069 Highway 49, ☎ 209-736-0404 or toll free 888-398-0404, . Fun, family RV park/campground in historic California Gold Country. 42 sites, no restrictions on size/slideouts; tent sites with/without water/electricity and comfortable camping in lodges, rustic log cabins or 2-bdrm apartment.
- Angels Inn Motel, 600 N. Main Street, ☎ 209-736-4242 or toll free 888-753-0226, . On-line reservations available; unique specials and packages. Smoking/nonsmoking and pet rooms; suites equipped with microwaves, mini-refrigerators and in-room coffee. We also provide espresso, seasonal pool, computer center, and laundry facilities. AAA Approved.
- Best Western Cedar Inn & Suites, 444 S. Main St, ☎ 209-736-4000 or toll free 800-767-1127, . Angels Camp's newest and most elegant inn. Pool, hot tub, exercise room. Microwaves, refrigerators, and 4 HBO channels, free high speed Internet and Internet kiosk. Fireplaces, whirlpools available. Continental breakfast.
- Cooper House B&B, 1184 Church St, ☎ 209-736-2145, . One of Angels Camps most elegant homes, built in 1911. The only Bed and Breakfast in Angels Camp and host to special events. Rates include breakfast and afternoon refreshments.
- Frogtown RV Park, 2465 Gun Club Rd, ☎ 209-736-2561 (fax: 209-736-4276). Located at the Calaveras County Fairgrounds. Featuring full hookups, water, power and sewer. The fairgrounds has facilities for any event large or small, outdoor or indoor.
- Gold Country Inn Motel, 720 S. Main St., ☎ 209-736-4611 or toll free 800-851-4944, . The best lodging value in Angels Camp. AAA approved. Oversized rooms include wireless internet, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee-makers, hair dryers, cable TV, covered BBQ area, and deluxe rooms with plasma TV's.
- Greenhorn Creek Vacation Cottages, ☎ 209-736-9372, . Beautiful 2 or 3 bedroom cottages, in prestigious Greenhorn Creek. Homes available on the golf course or steps from the pool and tennis courts.
- GreenStone Ranch & Inn, 1655 Tryon Rd., ☎ 209-736-4466 or 209-736-4845, . Charming historic home offered as vacation rental. Accommodates groups of 6-10 and horses. Ride the ranch. Beautiful gardens and lots of room, ideal facility for weddings, family reunions, romantic getaway.
- Jumping Frog Motel, 330 Murphys Grade Rd., ☎ 209-736-2191, . Home style comfort Motel. Quiet park-like setting in historic Angles Camp. Cable TV, HBO, AC, BBQ & Kitchen outside. In Room coffee/tea, hair dryer, iron, microwaves, refigerators. AAA Two Diamond Rating. Commercial/Corporate/Senior Discounts.
- Sierra Vacation Rentals, ☎ 800-523-5499, . Sierra Vacation Rentals offers vacation rental homes and cabins in Angels Camp and throughout California's Gold Country.
- Mark Twain's Cabin, Jackass Hill Road (Highway 49 south out of Angels Camp for about seven miles, turn left onto Jackass Hill Road). A partial replica of the cabin that famed author Mark Twain used to live in, with original chimney and fireplace.
|Routes through Angels Camp