Anderson  is in Shasta County in California.
By car is currently the cheapest way to go to Anderson. There are two major roads to take: Interstate 5 and California State Highway 273. The fastest way is, by far, I-5 because I-5 is much straighter and CA-273 has construction work on it a lot. However, CA-273 runs along and frequently connects with a major industrial strip called Frontage Road. If you wish to go to one of these places along it on the way, be prepared for a slow ride along CA-273.
There is only one bus line that goes into Anderson: RABA, from Redding in the north.
- Redding Area Bus Authority (RABA), . The route that goes into Anderson. The route is called the Anderson Express, which leaves from Gate 9 at the Downtown Transit Center in Redding and then turns back at the Prime Outlets in Anderson.
Anderson is a small town, so it is wise to just drive.
- Anderson River Park, . This, by far, is the largest and most familiar park in Anderson. Most of the sightseeing, however, is just the wildlife. There is plenty of it, though. Birds are abundant, fish jump out of the water (in season), and sometimes, you will see frogs, lizards, and some snakes.
- California Welcome Center, 1699 Highway 273, ☎ +1 530 365-1180 ([email protected], fax: +1 530 365-1258), . Information about tourism in the Shasta-Cascades region of California.
- Anderson River Park. This park's facilities include a softball/soccer field, boating, fishing, tennis and basketball courts, picnicking and two playgrounds.
- Shasta Highlands Renaissance and Celtic Faire, Anderson River Park. May 6-7. The Shasta Highlands Renaissance and Celtic Faire is a very large Rennaisance fair, usually put on by a group of volunteers known simply as the Friends of the Faire. It is very authentic, where you can practice such medieval leisures as fencing (with real swords), watch jugglers and other performers, eat some good food and simply listen to the volunteers' strange accents.
- Sons of Italy ''Paesano Days'' Italian Festival and Bocce Tournament, Anderson River Park, ☎ +1 530-221-1254, . August 4-6. This free Italian festival mainly advertises its bocce tournaments, but also features a spaghetti feed, live music, activities, craft booths, and raffles.
The major shopping area in Anderson is the Factory Outlets.
The Factory Outlets' many stores include:
- Big Dogs
- Book Warehouse
- Christian Supply
- Claire's Accessories
- Corral West
- Country Clutter
- Dress Barn
- Famous Footwear
- Fine Creations
- Fusion Pit
- Home Again
- KB Toys
- Kitchen Collection
- L'Hanes Hanes Bali Playtex
- Maddie's Closet
- Motherhood Maternity
- Payless Shoes
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- Pool & Spa Outlet
- Pro Image
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
- Scrap N Time
- Styles for Less
- Sunglass World
- The Paper Factory
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Totes/Sunglass World
- Van Heusen
There is also a Wal-Mart SuperCenter out back and a California Welcome Center, a
movie theater, and an Arby's on-site.
- Becca's Cafe, 2083 Balls Ferry Rd., 530-365-4511.
- Blue Water Cove, 3020 W. Center St., 530-365-6835.
- Burrito Bandito, 2805 E. Center St., 530-378-1400, .
- California Espresso Cafe, 1973 CA State Hwy. 273, 530-365-9501.
- Curbside Cuisine, 1379 Hemlock Ave., 530-776-8646.
- El Mariachi Mexican Restaurant, 2690 Gateway Dr., 530-365-7805.
- Golden Room Steak House, 2258 North St., 530-365-1989.
- Mary's Pizza Shack, 1901 CA State Hwy. 273, 530-378-1110, . Link to Email: .
- Orienal Express, 1703 Bruce Dr., 530-365-5988.
- Perko's, 2361 Balls Ferry Rd., 530-365-3308.
- Tacos Sinaloa, 2350 North St., 530-227-5842.
- Taqueria Urupan, 1930 North St., 530-378-0330.
- TJ's Drive-In, 2940 W. Center St., 530-365-1770.
- AmeriHost Inn, 2040 Factory Outlets Dr., +1 530-365-6296, .
- Baymont Inn & Suites Anderson, +1 530-365-6100, .
- Best Western Knights Inn, +1 530-365-2753, .
- GAIA Hotel Anderson, 4125 Riverside Place, +1 530-365-7077, .
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!