Anaheim  is a city in Orange County, California. It is best known for being the home of Disneyland. Its second claim to fame is hosting the National Hockey League's Anaheim Ducks and Major League Baseball's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
It is right on the I-5 and can be reached from Los Angeles on the same road. In rush hour, it may be faster to use Route 91 even if it is longer as it is less congested.
The closest airport is the John Wayne Airport, Santa Ana (SNA), while the Los Angeles Interantional Airport (LAX) is the largest one in the area.
For those who rent a car or take a taxi, travel time from SNA is about 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic. From LAX, the trip takes about 45-60 minutes, depending on traffic. A taxi from SNA costs about $40; from LAX, about $70.
For most people who don't rent a car, shared shuttle van service, like SuperShuttle, is an economical option. The shuttle will make multiple stops, but you will be delivered right to the door of your hotel. From LAX, the cost is about $16 per person one way/$32 per person roundtrip, plus tip. From SNA, the cost is about $10 per person one way/$20 per person roundtrip, plus tip.
Amtrak and Metrolink provide service at Anaheim Station, located at the north side of Angel Stadium's parking lot, across from Honda Center, and 2.5 miles east of Disneyland.
The transit connection to Disneyland is actually best at the Fullerton Amtrak/Metrolink station in the city's pleasant downtown area. From there it's just short a ride on OCTA line 43 to Disneyland.
You can also get to Disneyland on Metro bus 460 from Downtown Los Angeles, a semi-express bus that is a fairly slow but direct ride.
Orange County Transit Authority, 714-560-OCTA (6282) / 714-636-RIDE (7433), . Provides bus service within Anaheim and to neighboring communities.
- Disneyland, of course, is Anaheim's main claim to fame since first opening in 1955
- California Adventure is a newer addition to Disneyland. It opened in 2001 and has separate admission fees.
- the Crystal Cathedral, home to the huge congregation built by the persistently up-beat Rev. Robert Schuller, is in nearby Garden Grove on Chapman Ave./ Lewis St. An impressive building: as the name implies, made almost entirely of glass.
There are two professional sports teams that play in Anaheim:
- LA Angels, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, . The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are the Los Angeles area's American League baseball team.
- Anaheim Ducks, Honda Center, . The Anaheim Ducks are an NHL Hockey that plays across from Angel Stadium in the Honda Center (formerly the Arrowhead Pond). You may also see Disney On Ice shows here as well. It is also open for the public to go and skate.
Go an event at the recently expanded Anaheim Convention Center 800 West Katella Ave., just south of Disneyland.
- Anaheim Garden Walk, 321 West Katella Ave (near South Harbor Blvd), . A new complex, stretching from Katella to Disney Way, with lots of shops, lots of nice eating places, a sleek cinema, and a fancy bowling place. It's close to Disneyland.
- There are lots of places to eat in and around Disneyland.
- La Brea Bakery Café, 1556 Disneyland Drive, (714) 490-0233, . (Located at Downtown Disney, along with many other restaurants, such as ESPN Zone and Rainforest Café).
- For Japanese food, Shabu Shabu, at The Block at Orange, 20 City Boulevard West, Orange, Tel: (714) 769-0200, . (Chapman/State College right next to the I-5). As Japanese restaurants go, they are not cheap. They offer Sushi and a style were you cook your food in boiling water at the table.
- Outback Steakhouse for Steaks and the famous Bloomin Onion
- Palama Hawaiian Fusion BBQ, 321 West Katella Ave (inside Gardenwalk, #314 opposite the cinema), ☎ 714 533-9919. daily. On the top floor of the new Anaheim Gardenwalk, opposite the sleek cinema, is a little mom and pop eatery with only outdoor seating, serving inexpensive but good Asian-Hawaiian comfort food. $5-$9.
There are many of hotels, motels and inns all around Disneyland for all budgets and tastes.
- Alpine Inn, 715 West Katella Ave (near South Harbor Blvd, adjacent to Disneyland), . Traditional 2-story motel with exterior corridors and no elevator, and with pool and parking in the center, is located across the street (Katella) from the Anaheim Convention Center. Although it backs into Disneyland, the entrances to Disneyland (the south entrance is closed) are a short drive or a good 10 min walk away. Basic continental breakfast, wifi, use of a computer in the lobby, and microwave and refrigerator in room are all free.
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites (At the Park / Convention Center), 425 West Katella Avenue (on Katella Avenue near Harbor Blvd), ☎ +1 714 776-2815, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11AM. Large heated outdoor swimming pool and spa. Complimentary Breakfast as well as free parking and Internet access price=$69-199.
- Anaheim Courtyard by Marriott, 2045 S Harbor Blvd, ☎ 714-740-2645, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. The Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim hotel has room types to accommodate families, couples and business travelers. Guests can choose from a Deluxe Room or a Kids' Suite. Restaurant, Bar, Free wifi. from $109.
- Astoria Inn & Suites, 426 West Ball Road Anaheim, CA 92805, ☎ 714-774-3882, . Located just blocks from Disneyland Resort, Anaheim Convention Center, and many top attractions. Offers amenities such as a shuttle to Disneyland, pool, spa, high speed internet, continental breakfast, and guest laundry!
- Cortona Inn and Suites, 2029 S. Harbor Blvd, . A Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel offering family suite lodging accommodations with bunk beds, complimentary continental breakfast, outdoor heated pool and whirlpool, and video arcade room.
- DoubleTree Guest Suites Anaheim Resort, 2085 S. Harbor Blvd, ☎ 714-750-3000, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 12PM. Premium, full service hotel features Tuscan-inspired décor with contemporary flair.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton, 12005 Harbor Boulevard, ☎ 714-740-1800, . checkin: 4:00 PM; checkout: 11:00 AM. Located a mile from Disneyland. Suites have full kitchens and free high-speed internet. Free hot breakfast and light dinner.
- Hotel Pepper Tree, 2375 West Lincoln Avenue, ☎ 877-888-5656, . Extended stay hotel with Southern California style and rustic Spanish influence. Warm earthy décor, hand-crafted wood furniture, and Hollywood memorabilia.
- Buena Park's E-Zone, the home of Knott's Berry Farm can easiliy be reached from Anaheim via Orange County Transit Authority buses. From Disneyland, travel west on Katella Avenue to Stanton, then north on Beach Boulevard to Buena Park.
- Los Angeles and San Diego are accessible from Anaheim via Amtrak and Metrolink at the Anaheim railway station.