Anacapri is one of two towns in Capri. It's the second town of Capri with no sea views, but a fun place nonetheless
Unnecessary in this small town
- Villa San Michele is the 19th century mansion of Axel Munthe, a Capri personality, €5, open daily 9:00-5:00 The Villa is the life work of Axel Munthe who restored the ancient villa and built up his collection of antiquities in the Villa. To really enjoy this gem get yourself a copy of "the Story of San Michele" by Axel Munthe. It is a mystical and wondrous story that will be reread many times.
- The St. Michael's Church has a beautiful tiled floor depiction of Adam & Eve, €1, open daily 9:00-4:45, in town center
- Capri Diorama in a courtyard near the Tourist Information office, is a large, painted model of the island. Avoid it between 2:00 & 3:00, when cruise ship crowds deluge it, on Via G. Orlandi, €3, open daily 9:00-7:30, closed November to march. Telephone: 081-837-1169
- Grotto Azzurra (Blue Grotto), see main Capri article
- The Monte Solaro Chairlift goes up to the 1,900 ft. high summit of Mt. Solaro, with a commanding view at the top of the entire Naples bay. It takes 15 minutes up or down, €9 round-trip, €7 one way (you can hike for 40 minutes down from the summit), open daily in summer 9:30-5:00, last run down at 5:30, November to march last run at 3:30
- The Faro Lighthouse, reached by bus from Anacapri (2 an hour) is a great place to enjoy the sunset, along with its beach pool, and restaurants
- The Tourist Information office is on the pedestrian street near Piazza Vittorio, open Monday to Saturday 9:00-3:00, closed Sunday, often closed November to Easter. Telephone: 081-837-1524
There are many roadside vendors and small restaurants.
- Cafe Michelangelo, near the main square. A good spot for people watching - also does good light meals/lunches.
- Cafe Nautilus. The best coffee in Anacapri!
- The Green Lantern Bar just outside town on Via G. Orlandi for cocktails on the terrace, has a fabulous view of the Bay of Naples.
Bellavista, Casa Caprille, Villa Capri,Senaria, Loreley, La Porta, Due Pini Residence, Il Mulino, Da Gelsolmina Migliera