The East of Amsterdam is the area southeast of the Plantage neighborhood and east of Amsterdam South. It's most interesting area is the area around Oosterpark.
- Oosterpark, (Behind the Tropenmuseum). Close to Plantage, this park holds several multicultural festivals throughout the year.
- Scheepvaart Museum, . The Netherlands Maritime Museum is closed for complete renovation.
- Tropenmuseum, Linnaeusstraat 2, ☎ +31 20 568 82 15, . Ethnographic and cultural museum about Africa, Asia, and South America.
- Bimhuis, Piet Heinkade 3 (Tram: Muziekgebouw Bimhuis), ☎ +31 20 788 21 50, . World class jazz and improvised music venue, five minutes by foot from Central Station. Tickets €14 to €18.
- Blijburg Beach, (Tram 26 to the last stop, then a few minutes walk, follow the signs.), . This temporary artificial beach is only open in summers. Oddly enough it's surrounded by construction sites and modern architecture in IJburg, the newest neighborhood of Amsterdam.
- De Ponteneur, Eerste van Swindenstraat 581 (Oosterpark), ☎ +31 20 668 06 80, . An inexpensive bar-restaurant with great food and atmosphere. All food served is fresh- and home made. Free wifi available. Excellent bang for the buck and suited for only a drink as well. Main courses start at 15 Euro. No English menu, some waiters speak English.
- Jerry's Eetcafe, Veemkade 1288 (Eastern Docklands, Left to Albert Heijn Supermarket), ☎ +31 20 362 80 00, . Daily 6PM-10PM, Sa, M, Tu closed. Amsterdam's best kept secret until now. Small and very cheap restaurant. Good food and service. Great view from the restaurant. Don't let yourself be put off by the unwelcoming entrance to the restaurant shared with a fitness center. Walk up two stories and you feel welcome at once! Reservation required for groups more then 6 people.
- Silk Road Restaurant, Piet Heinkade 11, ☎ 0031-20-5191200, . In Silk Road Restaurant we offer you an exciting East meets West Kitchen with both a la carte and (on high occupied days only) a live cooking theme buffet. Silk Road Restaurant is located on the 2nd floor of the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam with a great view on the river IJ. Open 7 days per week for lunch and dinner. EUR 25-40.
- Stayokay Zeeburg, Timorplein 21 (Zeeburg, tram: Zeeburgerdijk), ☎ +31 20 551 31 90 (email@example.com), . This 480 bed hostel is located to the east of the city centre in a typical Amsterdam neighbourhood. Amsterdam's historic centre is less than 15 minutes away by bike or tram. The hostel is in the same building as Studio K, a budget diner and movie theatre.
- Bastion Hotel Amstel, Verlengde van Marwijk Kooystraat 30, ☎ +31 20 663 45 67, . Comfortable but lacking in charm, 4 star hotel near OverAmstel metro, 10 minutes walk then 10 minutes train ride to Centraal Station. But without pedestrian access to the road - you have to take your chance with the traffic. Doubles €70.
- The Flying Chef (De Vliegende Kok), Transvaalkade 26 (Transvaal, tram: Krugerplein), ☎ +31 20 468 65 08 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Quiet art deco bed breakfast with culinairy arrangements. In East part, Watergraafsmeer of center. Wi-Fi access. See website for pictures. €90.
- Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre, Piet Heinkade 11 (Eastern Docklands, tram: Muziekgebouw Bimhuis), ☎ +31 20 519 12 00 (email@example.com, fax: +31 20 519 1239), . The hotel is located in the Eastern Docklands, the renewed area of the city centre which makes it perfect for business or pleasure. 149 euro.