Amboise is a town in the Indre-et-Loire department of central France, 20 km east of Tours.
- The TGV from Paris takes less than 90 minutes.
- Château d'Amboise. Former royal castle.
- Clos Lucé. Manor house formerly inhabited by Leonardo da Vinci.
- Pagode de Chanteloup. A 44m Chinese pagoda built in 1775 by the Duke of Choiseul.
- Manoir de la Maison Blanche, 18 rue de l'Epinetterie Amboise, ☎ 33 0247231614, . Charming b&b on the outskirts of Amboise. Set in a park-like setting with horses in the fields. Wonderful breakfast (French-style) served by a charming host who speaks impeccable English.
- Le Pavillon des Lys, 9, rue d'orange, ☎ +33 247300101, . checkin: 15h; checkout: 11h. Come and visit our hotel in a beautiful environment, within the finest Loire Valley castles. Luxury, comfort blends with aesthetics, and our terrace overlooking the park. Contact us to learn more about our establishment, the rooms, the services we do offer, the location. 98-240.
- Chambres Le Buisson Amboise, 7 rue madeleine Vernet (Montlouis sur loire), ☎ 0033247509818, . Charming character property between Amboise and Tours,nestled in a 3 acres of wooded parkland.Bedrooms with stunning view on the Loire river. Close to main loire valley châteaux, amboise, chenonceaux, villandry … private tennis court , children games. Quality restaurants nearby.