Ambleside is a town in Cumbria. It is located at the head of Windermere, England’s largest lake, within the Lake District National Park.
Boats at Ambleside. Jetty for steamers in the background.
- The Armitt Library and Museum - provides a fascinating source of local history
- Stock Ghyll Force, a spectacular 70 foot waterfall
- Bridge House – a 17th century structure over Stock Ghyll, now used as an information centre for the national Trust.
Feed the swans near the jetty.
- The Drunken Duck Inn,  Barngates, Ambleside, Cumbria LA22 0NG, Telephone +44 15394 36347, email: email@example.com. Tariff £90 upwards.
- Ambleside Lodge,  Bed and Breakfast, Ambleside Lodge, Rothay Road, Ambleside, Cumbria LA22 0EJ, Telephone +44 15394 31681, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tariff £30 upwards.
- Rydal Mount – home of William Wordsworth