| || |
| || |
Revision as of 10:54, 30 November 2008
Alwar is a city in the Rajasthan state of western India. It was formerly the capital of the princely state of Alwar or Ulwar in British India. The city is located around 160 km south of Delhi, and around 150 km north of Jaipur.
Bus's frequently run from Deeg (Rs 30, 2 1/2 hours)
- Bala Quila Fort, one of the few forts build in Rajasthan prior to the rise of the Mughals. Permission from the superintendant of police is required prior to visiting (however this is easy to get).
- Government Museum, at former city palace. Rs 3; Free on Mondays
- Prem Pavitra Bhojnalaya - Serves pure-veg food from Rs20-80
- Hotel Aravali, Opposite Railway Station. Bar
- Ashoka, tel. 2346780. Single/double from Rs 250/300.
- Alwar Hotel, tel. 2700012. Single/double from Rs 400/700 with AC Rs800/1000.
- Hotel Aravali, Opposite Railway Station. 3 star hotel with a swimming pool and bar.
Bus's frequently run to Deeg (Rs 30, 2 1/2 hours), Sariska (local, Rs12,one and a half), Jaipur (Rs68, four hours), Bharatpur (Rs45, four hours), Delhi (Rs81, half hourly).
The Mandore Express leaves at 11.43pm arriving at Jodhpur (sleeper/3AC Rs 226/578) at 8am
The Jaisalmer Express leaving at 8.50pm goes all the way to Jaisalmer (sleeper/3AC Rs 251/705)
The Shatabdi (No 2015/6) passes through Alwar at 8.35pm and stops at Jaipur(Rs315).
A return Taxi to Sariska Reserve and National Park will cost you around Rs750