Altoona is a city in central Pennsylvania. Altoona was founded as a railroad town by the Pennsylvania Railroad as the site of their Altoona Works shops, and its history as a railroad town still shows in the town today despite the decline of the railroad and its eventual absorption into Penn Central, Conrail, and now Norfolk Southern.
- Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, 13th Avenue at 13th Street. A Roman Catholic cathedral
- Horseshoe Curve. a famous railroad landmark just west of Altoona.
- Altoona Railroaders Memorial Museum. in downtown Altoona is a museum showing Altoona's history as a railroad town.
- Altoona Curve Baseball, 1000 Park Avenue, ☎ 877-99-CURVE, . Watch a live-action baseball team - up close and personal!
- Lakemont Park & The Island WaterPark, 700 Park Avenue, ☎ 1-800-434-8006, . Family Fun Park
- Boyer Candies outlet store. The manufacturer of Mallo Cup and Smoothies peanut butter cups is located in Altoona and has an outlet store on site at their factory.
- Logan Valley Mall, Route 220 & Goods Ln, (814) 944-6128.
- Wong's Wok in the food court of the Logan Valley Mall, Route 220 & Goods Ln, (814) 944-6128.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, 2550 Plank Road Commons, (814) 942-7630.
- Ramada Conference Center Altoona PA, I-99 Exit 31 Plank Rd, Rt. 220 and Plank Rd exit, Altoona, PA - 16601, ☎ 814-946-1631, .