| || |
The word Almeria is an Arabic word which means ''mirror of the sea''. Like
most Andalusian cities, Almeria kept it's Arabic name after it has been recaptured by the Spanish. |+|
The word Almeria is an Arabic word which means ''mirror of the sea''. Like Andalusian cities, Almeria kept Arabic name after it been recaptured by the Spanish.
| || |
Revision as of 12:20, 10 December 2009
Almeria is a city in Andalucia.
The word Almeria is an Arabic word which means mirror of the sea. Like many Andalusian cities, Almeria kept its Arabic name after it had been recaptured by the Spanish.
Carriers serving Almeria include Monarch  from London Luton, Birmingham and Manchester, Ryanair from London Stansted, Air Nostrum from Barcelona, BMIBaby from East Midlands, Easyjet from London Gatwick & Jet2.com  from Leeds/Bradford.
Almeria's train station is located on the Plaza de la Estación in the centre of the city and has services to destinations across Spain.
- Casa de los Marqueses de Torrealta
- Cathedral of Santa María de la Encarnación
- John Lennon Monument
- La Alcazaba
- Las Claras Convent
- Museo del Aceite de Oliva
- Palace of the Marquees of Cabra
- Palace of the Viscounts of the Castillo de Almansa
- Visit the great beaches of Las Salinas and La Almadrava de Monteleva.
- Círculo Mercantil
- Mercado Central - the central market.
- NH Ciudad de Almeria, Jardín de Medina, +34.95.0182500 . Recently built, located at the Jardín de Medina street, in the very heart of the city. A privileged location opposite the train and bus stations near the Marina and perfectly linked to the airport.