Alliance  is a city in Stark County, Ohio. Alliance is the home of Ohio's State Flower, the carnation.
- Canton/Stark County Convention Visitors Bureau, 222 Market Ave. N. (Located inside the Millennium Centre), ☎ +1 330-454-1439, .
- US 62 begins in El Paso, Texas and ends in Niagara Falls, New York. US 62 runs East and West through Southern Alliance. US 62 intersects I-77 near Canton.
- State Route 173 begins North of Louisville and ends in Salem. SR 173 intersects and becomes US 62 in Southwestern Alliance.
- State Route 183 begins in East Sparta and ends near Edinburg. SR 183 runs North and South through downtown Alliance.
- State Route 619 begins in Barberton and ends in Northern Alliance. SR 619 intersects I-77 in Green.
- Akron-Canton Regional Airport, CAK. Located on the north end of Stark County about a 30 minute drive from Alliance.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, CLE. A hub for Continental Airlines, the Cleveland Airport, combined with an approximately 90 minute drive is a convenient means to visit Alliance.
- Amtrak, ALC, 820 East Main Street.
The best way to travel in Alliance is by driving yourself. The cab companies in Canton will probably take you back to Alliance, but trying to find a cab to pick you up is pretty much impossible. Expect to pay at least $50 for a taxi ride. Or, take a SARTA bus (Route 139) from Alliance to Canton for $1.15.
- Stark County Regional Transit Authority (SARTA), tel: +1 330-47-SARTA (330-477-2782), . $1.15 Regular fare/ .50 Reduced fare (Seniors, Disabled)/ Children under 6 ride free. SARTA provides reliable public bus service throughout Stark County. Transfer Centers are located in: Alliance, Massillon, and Canton. There is a bus to the Akron/Canton Airport (Route 115) and an express bus between Canton and Downtown Akron (Route 81). Buses on main routes generally depart each stop every hour. SARTA buses run 365 days per year. On Holidays, buses run the Sunday schedule. Check website for details: http://www.sartaonline.com. Additionally, Lakefront Lines, a private bus company, operates an office in SARTA's Canton Transfer Center. Lakefront Lines goes through Canton on it's route between Cleveland and Charleston, SC.
- Beech Creek Botanical Garden and Nature Preserve, 11929 Beech St. NE, ☎ +1 330-862-3920, .
- Glamorgan Castle, 200 Glamorgan Street, ☎ ''+1'' 330-821-2100, . Tours Friday at 1p.m. & 2p.m.. . Group tours of 10 or more can be arranged on weekdays by calling the number above. Castle built as a home between 1901 and 1905. It is currently owned by Alliance City Schools and houses their administrative offices. Also check out the "Echo Chamber," about 15 yards in front of the castle by the semi-circular steps. If you stand in the center and speak towards the castle your voice will mysteriously echo. A $5.00 per person donation is requested..
- Haines House Underground Railroad Museum, 186 West Market St., Alliance, tel: +1 330-829-4668, . Open the first weekend of the month: Sa 10AM-12PM; Su 1PM-3PM. The Haines House was a former stop on the Underground Railroad.
- Mable Hartzell Historical Home, 840 North Park Street, ☎ +1 330-823-4115. Victorian style home built in 1867.
- Caddy Shack, 12175 State St NE, tel: +1 330-821-6656. Has a mini-golf course, go-carts, and batting cages.
- Canton Air Sports, 14008 Union Ave NE, ☎ +1 330-823-0370 or 1-800-772-4174 ([email protected], fax: +1 330-823-0372). Skydiving all year.
- Firehouse Theater, 450 E Market St, tel: +1 330-821-5678, (email: mailto:[email protected]), . Non-profit theater that holds shows about two weekends a month. $10/8 (Adults/Children under 18).
- Greater Alliance Carnation Festival  - The festival includes 10 days of more than 25-30 events from Fireworks to a Rib-Burnoff and Ice Cream Socials for Nursing Homes. Visit the website to learn all about the Greater Alliance Carnation Festival in Alliance, Ohio.
- Silver Park, 2930 S. Union Ave, . This 53 acre park has tennis courts, basketball courts, ballfields, a walking path, great sled riding hills, and a fishing pond.
- Mount Union College, 1972 Clark Ave, +1 800-992-6682, (email: mailto:[email protected]), . Mount Union is a private, liberal arts college.
- Carnation Mall, 2500 West State St, tel: +1 330-821-4447, . Open M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 12PM-5PM. Major stores in the mall include JC Penney, Elder-Beerman, and Goody's. Also in the mall is a Cinemark Theater.
- Green Farms, 12495 State St (West end of State St., near SR62), tel: +1 330-821-4597. Open year round. Sells fresh produce, some bulk foods, and has a mini-nursery.
- Anthony's Italian Restaurant, 253 E Main St, ☎ +1 330-821-2450. Good restaurant downtown, very reasonable prices.
- Doug's Classic 57 Drive In, 2031 S Rockhill Ave, ☎ +1 330-821-2887. 50's themed restaurant, good for sandwiches and shakes.
- College Inn Eatery, 715 W State St, ☎ +1 330-823-3332. Small deli is located next to Mount Union College.
- Don Pancho's Tex Mex Cafe, 2105 W State St, ☎ +1 330-823-4390, . Tu-Sa 8AM-10PM, Su 8AM-9PM. Dinners $9-15.
- Shaffer's Diner, 40 N Park Ave, ☎ +1 330-823-0006. This supposedly haunted restaurant downtown is the place to have breakfast. They also have great pies for dessert.
- Country Boy Saloon, 62 West Vine Street, tel: +1 330-823-7880.
- Crystal Lounge, 321 East Main Street, tel: +1 330-823-0219.
- Reggie's Place, 251 Hester Avenue, tel: +1 330-821-4090.
- Comfort Inn, 2500 W State St, tel: +1 330-821-5555, . Comfort Inn is attached to Carnation Mall.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 2341 West State St, tel: +1 888-400-9714.
- Super 8 , 2330 W. State St, tel: +1 330-821-5688.
- The Zang House Bed & Breakfast, 1350 South Sawburg, ☎ +1 330-823-9750, . $100-150.
- Amish Country centered in Holmes County to the southwest of Stark County.
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park . Located primarily north of Canton, this park follows the course of the Cuyahoga River and the historic Ohio & Erie Canal between Cleveland, Akron and Canton. A number of older buildings are preserved here. The Cuyahoga Scenic Railroad, with train cars from the 1940's and 1950's also runs through the park from Cleveland to Akron and Canton. The Canal Byway extends from Lake Erie in Downtown Cleveland through the southern suburbs past Akron, Canton, New Philadelphia and into rural Bolivar and Historic Zoar.
- Geauga Lake and Wildwater Kingdom, . Geauga Lake is an amusement park in Aurora.
- Hartville. Located about 15 minutes to the west, Hartville offers two flea markets, antique stores and a handful of restaurants.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!