Alingsås  is a city in the region Västergötland in Sweden. It is known for its many cafés and as the birthplace of Jonas Ahlströmer - "the man who brought the potato to Sweden".
Västtrafik runs commuter trains to Alingsås from Gothenburg. The train takes about 40 minutes and runs up to twice an hour. SJ can take you to Alingsås from the rest of Sweden. The fastest train to Stockholm is the X 2000 which takes 2h 40 min.
The european route E20 passes through Alingsås on its way to Stockholm from Gothenburg.
- Nolhaga slott and park . A nice park in the middle of Alingsås that features a zoo with (mainly) farm animals.
- STF Alingsås Vandrarhem Plantaget, Nyebrogatan, +46 322-63 69 87.
- First Hotel Grand Alingsås , Bankgatan 1, +46 322-67 01 00
- Anten - Gräfsnäs Vintage Railroad  is a well preserved vintage railroad line running along the lake Anten not far from Alingsås. It has a lenght of 12 km and runs during the summer months. Check web site for time table.
- Gräfsnäs slottsruin. A castle ruin and park situated by the lake Anten. There's also a beach if you're in the mood for swimming.
- Brobacka is a nice natural reserve just north of the lake Mjörn where you can see jättegrytor - traces of the last ice age.