Aguadilla Garden of the Atlantic is a city on the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, a protectorate of the United States of America.
You can fly directly from Newark via Continental Airlines, from Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando via Spirit Airlines, from New York-JFK and Orlando via jetBlue Airways, Rafael Hernandez International Airport. Also be aware, that these are major airlines which serve hundreds of destinations and as much one-stop flights to this Caribbean paradise.
From the airport take State-Road 107 South to Interstate PR-2. Exit towards SR-2R/Aguadilla Centro.
Blue Line offers service to and from all municipalities to the Public Transportation Terminal.
Walking along the roads of the city center, will offer you a great experience. This way you get to stop and try different foods, shop, and enjoy the beautiful bay views and beaches.
Publicos depart from the Public Transportation Terminal to all wards. There are different routes. These include Aguadilla-Borinquen, Aguadilla-Ramey, and Aguadilla-San Antonio. Price is $1.25 per trip.
Taxi service is available from the airport, hotels, and all wards.
Aguadilla is service by Interstate PR-2. I-PR-2 to the East connects it with Isabela, Quebradillas, Camuy, Hatillo, and eventually to San Juan via Arecibo. To the South, it connects it with Aguada and Añasco. Other roads include State-Road 110 and 107 to Ramey. It is also connected by State-Road 111 to Moca, San Sebastian, Lares, and Utuado and State-Road 115 to Aguada and Rincón.
- Aguadilla City Hall "Alcaldia" - Originally built in 1918. Reconstructed after the 1918 earthquake.
- Banyan Treehouse "Casa del Arbol" - Wooden House around a Banyan tree. Any of its parts touch the tree.
- Campanitas de Cristal Fountain
- San Carlos Barromeo Cathedral
- Christopher Columbus Monument - This monument was built to commemorate Columbus' entrance to Puerto Rico through Aguadilla Bay. It consists of a cross originally made of marble. It also had to be rebuilt after the earthquake.
- El Merendero - A beautiful view of Aguadilla Bay and site of beautiful sunsets.
- El Parterre Jose de Jesus Esteves "Ojo de Agua" - Historic plaza where a natural spring and former source of water for Spanish soldiers is located.
- Jardin del Atlántico Square - A beautiful square with fountains and gathering spot of local merchants
- Paseo Miguel Garcia Mendez
- Punta Borinquen Lighthouse - Built by the United States Armed Forces in 1920 to substitute the one built by spain and destroyed by the earthquake.
- Punta Borinquen Lighthouse Ruins - Site of the old lighthouse built by Spain in 1889 and site of beautiful pictures.
- Rafael Hernández Monument - A monument honoring world-famous composer Rafael Hernandez-Marin.
- Rafael Hernandez Square - This is the Main Square.
- Tribunal Supremo (Old Courthouse)
- Youth Fountain Juan Ponce de Leon Park
- Aguadilla Bowling Center - A bowling alley that features 18 computerized lanes, with a bar, cafeteria, and games-room. It is located off Interstate PR-2, at Plaza Victoria.
- Aguadilla Ice Skating Arena - The only ice skating facility in the Caribbean.
- Aguadilla Skating Park - Is a skateboarding facility located in Downtown Aguadilla.
- Caribbean Cinemas 6 - Aguadilla Mall
- Cristobal Colón Park - Family Park with kiosks, a boardwalk with a beautiful view of the city, playground, and a beach.
- Las Cascadas (The Waterfalls) Water Park - Many water attractions. Among them the Crazy River, Wave Pool, and lots of slides.
- Pro Bowl Recreation Center - A bowling alley featuring 8 computerized lanes, with a cafeteria and games-room. It is located in Ramey Village.
- Punta Borinquen Golf Course - Is an 18 hole golf course, originally built for President Eisenhower.
- Ramey Skating Park - Is the only concrete skateboarding facility in Puerto Rico located in Ramey Village (former Military Base).
- El Canto de Las Piedras Beach
Available for surfing
- Crash Boat Beach
- Crash Point Beach
- Gas Chambers Beach
- Surfer's Beach
- Wilderness Beach
- Wishing Well Beach
Aguadilla is the commercial district of the region. It has four strategically located commercial centers along Interstate PR-2.
- Aguadilla Mall
- Aguadilla Shopping Center
- Plaza Ferram
- Plaza Victoria
There are also stores along the highway, in the downtown area, and along State-Road 107 including Plaza Borinquen.
- Amanda's Restaurant
- Chris Restaurant
- Dario’s Gourmet Restaurant
- El Contrabando
- El Meson
- El Pomodoro Restaurant
- Faro Suites Bar & Grill
- Golden Crown
- Molina's Restaurant
- Mr. Mofongo Restaurant
- Restaurant Verde Luz
- Rosalinda’s Restaurant
- Santiago's Pizzaria
- Ta-Buren Restaurant
- Tasca de Guillo
- The Garden Restaurant
- Tres Amigos
- Woodhaven Restaurant & Grill
There are numorous bars and clubs all over the area.
Black & White Lounge: 110 street, outside the Gate 5 of the Ramey Base.
- Courtyard by Marriot Aguadilla - Now Open - Located in historical Ramey, is a hotel with on-site casino, water park, restaurants and shopping ammenities
- Faro Inn Suites - Located in historical Ramey, is a prominent hotel with beautiful beach views.
- Hotel Cielomar - Located in historical Cuesta Nueva Street, is a hotel with beautiful views of Aguadilla Harbor and the historic Old Sugar Pier.
- Hotel Hacienda El Pedregal
- Hotel Las Cascadas - Coming Soon!!!