Añasco is a city in the Porta del Sol (West Coast) Region of Puerto Rico. Old town Añasco offers typical Puerto Rican hangout places with its large central square or plaza and well preserved churches.
Añasco holds an important place in Puertorrican history, as it was here that the Spanish Conquistadores were proven to be mortals. A group of rebel Taino natives attacked and drowned a Spanish conquistador named SALCEDO, thus debunking the myth that the Spanish were gods. A bronze fountain in the main square depicts this act of bravery and defiance of colonial Spanish rule.
Today, Añasco is known for its Hojaldre cake (filled with brandy and spices) and the Chipe clam.
Añasco Beach has a Balneario or public beach facility, located on beautiful Tres Hermanos Beach. It completes the chain of surfing beaches in Northwestern Puerto Rico.
Añasco is located on a perfect spot in the west side of the lsland, closed by many tourist attractions and marvelous places to see. It serves as a strategic location for visitors to enjoy the many beauties that Puerto Rico offers.
From Aguadilla take I-PR-2 South. Take Exit
Añasco is served by Interstate PR-2; which connects Añasco with Aguadilla to the north and Mayaguez to the south.
- Bay View Tower-El Mirador de la Bahía, carr 115. Great view of Añasco Harbor, A 3-story lookout tower on a small cliff overlooking the Añasco Bay.
- El Salto de la Encantada. A boardwalk with a waterfall & picnic area. Theres a basketball court at the top of the path.
- Parroquia San Antonio Abad,. The original church, built around 1765, was replaced by the current structure in 1801. It has a beautiful 8-foot stained glass window above the front door. The bell tower includes 800- and 500-pound bells along with a number of smaller bells from the original church
- Children Dream Park - Is a park for children recreation
- Parque de Diversiones El Castillo. An amusement park with the largest wave pool in the Caribbean, a medieval castle, antique museum, haunted house and other attractions for kids.
- Brasas Restaurant, Carr.115 km5.8, Anasco, ☎ 787-589-9000.
- Capriccio Ristorante, 12 Manuel Molave, Anasco, ☎ 787-826-3387.
- El Coche, Carr. 115 Km. 6.6, Caguabo, Anasco, ☎ 787-826-5151.
- La Nueva Fondita, Plaza del Mercado, Anasco, ☎ 787-826-4454.
- Mahi Mahi Bar and Restaurant, Carr. 402 Km.4.1, Caracol, Anasco, ☎ 787-826-5500. Steaks, Seafood and Puerto Rican Cuisine
- Restaurante Vista al Mar, Carr.115, Caguabo, Anasco, ☎ 787-826-5440.
- Ti Chi Mountain Estate, carr. 115 km 7.7, Bo. Caguabo, Anasco (Located on Private Mountain Culva de Rincon), ☎ 516-284-4950 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Private villa on 8 acre mountain estate. Four bedrooms, five full baths. 3800-5000 per week.
On the Beach
- Roberto's Hidden Paradise, Route 401, Kilometer 2.2, Anasco (Located Tres Hermanos Beach), ☎ 703-455-0844 (email@example.com). Private waterfront villas situated on over an acre of land where tropical fruit trees and coconut palms sway in the warm ocean breeze. With its 135 ft of private beachfront you can truly enjoy the peace and beauty of this remarkable unspoiled spot. 900-1,250 per week.
WikiPedia:Añasco, Puerto Rico