Revision as of 19:44, 18 December 2010
Siauliai is a city in Lithuania. It is one of the oldest cities in Lithuania, established in 1236. It is named after a Sun Battle that took place near.
You can get to Siauliai by train or by bus from most other cities in Lithuania. The schedules for buses you can see from  and railways 
Siauliai is not a big city, so you need no more than buses or just your own feet. Buses go all through Siauliai. There are daily buses that go to places around the city.
City buses run from 5AM-11PM. You can by tickets in the kiosks, one ticket costs 1,60 Lt
The microbuses go from 6AM-11PM. You can buy tickets in the microbus. One ticket costs 1,80 Lt.
- Hill of Crosses (Kryžių Kalnas) is a big attraction for both Christian pilgrims and the curious from all over the world.
- By car, take the A12 road, toward Joniskis; Ryga. After the roadsign "KRYZIU KALNAS - 2 km", turn right.
- By bus: From Siauliai bus station, Joniskis direction. Leave the bus at the DOMANTAI stop.
The Hill Of Crosses near Siauliai
- Sculptures. You can find small sculptures and fountains all over the city: Sculpture "Three Birds", Fountain Rude, Sculpture "Pelicans", Sculpture "Motherhood", Sculpture "Three Trolls", Sculpture "Dawn", Sculpture "A grandfather with his grandchildren", Sculpture "A reading man".
- Monument to the Battle of the Sun in Salduve Park
- Stained Glass Window, commemorating the Battle of the Sun
- Churches, Siauliai has 4 churches.
- Cathedral of the Apostles St. Peter and St. Paul.
- St. George's church, St. Ignatus' church
- Saints Peter and Paul's Church of the Othodox parish.
- Senasis Sodzius, (In front of Saules Miestas). This is the best place in Siauliai to try traditional Lithuanian food. Service is nice and very fast. Prices are quite low and food quality is great. It is not a big place, but it is very popular, so better avoid comming in lunch hours. Even if you do come in lunch hour, do not be scared of long line there - service is so fast that this you won't need to wait long. Lunch around 5 dollars.
Riga (Ryga) in nearby Latvia
Klaipeda, Lithuanias third largest city is to the south west
Kaunas, Lithuania's second city is to the south east