Øresund Coast is on Zealand in Denmark.
The Øresund Coast is limited by Helsingør Freeway (E55/E47) to the west and stretches from Tårbæk in the south to Humlebæk in the north. The fashionable Strandvejen runs along the coast through a number of towns and neighborhoods including from south to north Tårbæk, Skodsborg, Trørød, Vedbæk, Rungsted, Hørsholm, Usserød, Kokkedal, Nivå and Humlebæk.
The coastline is well connected by the motorway E47/E55 from the Danish border town Elsinore in the north and Copenhagen in the south. Rail connects the area as well to Copenhagen and the Swedish border city Helsingborg (on the other side of the coast).
- Louisiana Museum of Contemporary Art, Gammel Strandvej 13 (Humlebæk), ☎ ''+45'' 49190719, . Daily 10AM–5PM, Wednesdays until 10PM. Museum of modern art. It has an old park, is located right on the coast and has a view of Sweden across the sound. You can have a picnic in the park. Louisiana has a permanent collection, changing exhibitions of art and films, concerts, a children’s wing, a sculpture park, a cafe, a museum shop that sells books, reproductions, posters, postcards, etc. The collection include works of Arp, Francis Bacon, Calder, Dubuffet, Max Ernst, Sam Francis, Giacometti, Kiefer, Henry Moore, Picasso, Rauschenberg and Warhol. Take a walk just outside museum. At the main road leading to Copenhagen (south) and Helsingør (north) is an old church with a large cementary, set along a ravine with extraordinary vegetation. DKK 76.
- Nivaagaards Malerisamling, Gammel Strandvej 2 (Nivå), ☎ ''+45'' 49141017, . Museum with paintings of Rembrandt, Eckersberg, Købke.
- Karen Blixen Museet, Rungsted Strandvej 111 (Rungsted), ☎ +45 45 57 10 57, .
- Hørsholm Mølle, Ved Møllen 8 (Hørsholm), ☎ +45 45 76 55 08.
This cluster of pretty yellow buildings by the local church is what remains of the old Hørsholm city. The church is on the grounds at what used be one the country's finest palaces, but it had fallen into disuse and was torn down in 1810, the old park surrounding the unusual and picturesque church still has many visible remains of the old palace gardens, and the palace's old Baptismal font is still inside the church. The old town bordering the part and church is home to a cluster of museums, as well as the old vicarage, the chevallier homes and the Freedom statue by French artist N.H. Jardin
- Jagt- og Skovbrugsmuseet (Danish Museum of Hunting and Forestry), Folehavevej 15, ☎ +45 4586 0572, . The biggest museum in Europe in its field.
- Hørsholm Egns Museum (Hørsholm Museum of local history,), Sdr. Jagtvej 2 (Hørsholm), ☎ +45 4586 0711, .
- Fuglsanghus (Hørsholm Munipal Exhibition Hall), Gl. Hovedgade 2 (Hørsholm), ☎ +45 4586 2469, .
- Trekosten, Nivå Strandpark 29, Nivå (On the marina, at the end of the pier), ☎ +45 4914 0555, . Nov-Apr, ca Th-Sa and Su lunch the rest of the year, lunch noon-3:30PM, dinner 5:30PM-9PM. With a great view over the sea of Øresund. Lunch around 70 Kr (the big lunch platter is 118 Kr), dinner main courses around 170 Kr.
- Tårbæk Kro, Tårbæk Strandvej 102 (S-train to Klampenborg Station, then walk 500m northeast,; or you can take bus 388 from Klampenborg Station to Strandvejen/Dyrehavevej, then walk 100m east), ☎ +45 3963 0096 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +45 3963 5096), . Restaurant at Tårbæk harbour with seating both in and out. The menu is Danish with inspirations from French cuisine and focus on seafood. Lunch platter 185 Kr, mains 185-235 Kr.
The area has very limited accomodations with only two hotels to choose between. More can be found in nearby Helsingør or Hillerød. Or Copenghagen a bit further away can be used as a base for exploring the Øresund Coast
- Humlebæk Bed & Breakfast, Humlebæk Strandvej 143, ☎ +45 4070 0820. By the beach with private access and parking. 30 sqm apartment with living area, dining area and sleeping area. It has TV, fridge, stove and kitchen appliances. King size bed, childrens double bunk bed and baby weekend. 550 Kr.
- Skodsborg Kurhotel and Spa, Skodsborg Strandvej 139 (S-train to Klampenborg Station, then bus 388 to Strandmølle Kro Stop, then walk 100m north), ☎ +45 4558 5800 (email@example.com, fax: +45 4558 5810), . The hotel is in historical buildings, which have been the royal summer residence for some years during mid 19th century. Access to fitness centre and swimming pools included in the room price. Spa treatments available against surcharge. Rooms with TV, radio, Internet, trouser press, hairdryer and desk. Restaurant and café. Rooms and food quality are great, surroundings are beautiful and quiet, but the spa is seen better elsewhere. Doubles from 1,685 Kr including breakfast.
- Vedbæk Quality Hotel Marina, Vedbæk Strandvej 391 (S-train to Vedbæk Station, then walk 600m southeast), ☎ +45 4589 1711 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +45 4589 1722), . Very quiet location across the street from the beach. There are lots of sports and recreational opportunities in the area. Rooms with free internet, trouser press and iron. Some also with safe and fridge. Conference rooms, table tennis, table football, billiards, jacuzzi, sauna and fitness available. Rooms are bright but the decor is uninspired. Doubles around 1,500 Kr, often discounted in the weekend.
|Routes through Øresund Coast