Can't contact the database server?
Swept from en:pub:
Can someone please check to see if Central_Java opens OK. I am getting the following when I try to open that article
Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.
(Can't contact the database server: Unknown error)
I would like to confirm if it a real server side issue or just some local PC/browser/caching problem on my side --NJR_ZA 10:16, 3 December 2007 (EST)
- I see the same. It's some sort of cache problem - the same thing happened to Greece yesterday and I was able to fix it by forcing a cache reload. If you enter "http://wikitravel.org/wiki/en/index.php?title=" and then type the article name it should do the trick. -- Ryan • (talk) • 16:02, 3 December 2007 (EST)
- I've had that once or twice, always transient and not in several weeks.
- Yesterday I had a real weirdness. Several pages such as my watchlist and the results page for a search I tried — I think anything with "Special" in the name — produced utter garbage on the screen. Neither ctrl-reload to empty the cache nor restarting the browser had any effect. Other pages were fine, and there were no error messages. So I told the computer to reboot, wandered off for coffee, and it was fine when I came back. Recent Firefox on Win 2K, behind the Great Firewall. Anyone got any idea what that was? Pashley
- I have no idea about the "Special" pages problem, but the other problem has already been diagnosed on Shared. --Peter Talk 22:02, 3 December 2007 (EST)
- Ah, thanks. Forcing the cache reload did the trick. --NJR_ZA 00:22, 4 December 2007 (EST)