Copied from hi:User_talk:Sapphire:
- When I click on the my talk link, the page doesn't show up.- Upamanyu
- Are you talking about the "मेरी बातें" link? When I click it my talk page shows up, but the blinking dot doesn't go away. -- Sapphire ०२:१२, ८ अप्रैल २००७ (EDT)
My blinking dot doesn't go away, but the talk pg doesn't show up either - Upamanyu
- Hmm. I'll send a note to Evan. -- Sapphire ०२:२३, ८ अप्रैल २००७ (EDT)
Ok, so to decipher the above. I asked Upmanyu if he's seen any issues or problems on hi:. He told me the "talk page" ("मेरी बातें") link doesn't work. By that he means, he clicks the link, but his talk page doesn't appear. When I clicked the link I did see my talk page, but the blinking red dot didn't go away until after I exited and clicked on the page several times.
- As of today, 5 language versions are still having the same "user page/talk page" link problems; he:, hi:, hu:, ja:, ru:. -- Tatata 23:02, 29 August 2007 (EDT)
- I've never noticed this problem on hi, personally... are you sure? The problems that Upamanyu was referring to above were fixed a while ago... he's accessed his talk page several times since then. And the blinky dot thing was fixed too. – cacahuate talk 03:58, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
- My blinky red dot and user/talk links have been working fine on :ru. --Peter Talk 04:24, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
- See another bug report carefully.
This problem still have an effect on more than 30% of Wikitravel users. And the fix of blinky dot thing is not related with re-opening this report. -- Tatata 05:13, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
- Sorry, 30% thing was another IE6 problem, that is MWI.
- Sorry, I'm confused. What is the problem then that you are referring to? To my knowledge we aren't having any problems related to talk pages or user pages on :hi, and Peter seems fine on :ru. What problem is the other language versions having exactly? – cacahuate talk 03:54, 1 September 2007 (EDT)
- If you have a IE6, please confirm this problem with IE6. -- Tatata 12:04, 1 September 2007 (EDT)
- Yep, I was wrong. I don't have this problem since I don't touch IE, but I've confirmed that the problem exists on :ru. --Peter Talk 13:54, 1 September 2007 (EDT)
When it happens
What should happen
The "talk page" links should work for everyone and the blinking red dot should disappear upon someone clicking on or viewing his/her talk page.
How to fix it
I don't know. -- Sapphire • (Talk) • 02:28, 8 April 2007 (EDT)
- I think this may be the same issue as the other referenced bug below. Can somebody either verify this or provide me with some steps to reproduce this issue?
KevinSours 16:31, 19 August 2008 (EDT)