The site's internal search database, on at least the English and Shared sites (and presumably all others), has not been updated since at least New Year's (2011). For example, this text has been in its article since Jan. 2, 2011, but still isn't indexed.
- Now over a year that this has been broken.... -- D. Guillaime 22:35, 5 January 2012 (EST)
When it happens
What should happen
Restoration of routine database updates.
How to fix it
Check whether this problem still exists after the recent MediaWiki upgrade. If not, close the ticket. Riggwelter 13:11, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
- Search is down altogether, so it's hard to say ;) --Peter Talk 18:07, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
- Still a bug. In fact, it's even worse now: the search engine only appears to look at page titles, none of the content at all; the test case above is still entirely reproducible. Now up to at least 18 months without working search on WT. -- D. Guillaime 22:16, 10 July 2012 (EDT)
- Can confirm this is still a problem. Example that brought this to my attention - if you search for Ellington, CT, there are no results. If you search for Ellington, you find the page for Ellington, CT. Typical user is going to search for a city and state, with the assumption that there may be multiple cities with the same name in the United States alone, let alone the entire world. Mlittleredhen (talk) 10:54, 8 July 2015 (EDT)Mlittleredhen
- Hi, thanks for commenting on this. This has recently been brought to our attention again, but as the tech department is working on various other projects, this will be looked at when they have a chance. Adzas (talk) 12:24, 9 July 2015 (EDT)
Sign below, please
D. Guillaime 16:52, 6 July 2011 (EDT)