Any search or attempt to reach content pages by using the Go/Search box results in the following message:
"You have requested an invalid special page. A list of valid special pages can be found at Special pages."
When it happens
All the time.
What should happen
It should take you to the requested page or search results. Duh.
How to fix it
Pester IB for an indeterminate number of days or weeks until they fix it.
I don't know.
Super urgent. Wikitravel en: appears completely unusable to all but the most astute of new users.
- The "Go" function was working until recently; "Search" has been broken since the upgrade (though the symptom is different). LtPowers 10:26, 26 June 2012 (EDT)
- This also applies to the Android app. Is anyone taking this at all seriously? Search is a vital feature and I'm embarrassed to recommend WT to anyone at the moment: it's just fundamentally broken. Is there a workaround other than navigating through the directory structure? --Dazzla 16:22, 26 June 2012 (EDT)
- "Go" seems to be functional now, thankfully. The search page now does come up, but I get no results regardless of terms. --Peter Talk 18:47, 26 June 2012 (EDT)
- Now Search does return results, but they include the entirety of every article, spewed forth in raw text form, which is still completely unacceptable. Look here for an example. texugo 10:00, 28 June 2012 (EDT)
- Appears fixed for me. LtPowers 15:51, 28 June 2012 (EDT)
- Me too. Which browser are you using, Texugo? --Peter Talk 18:41, 28 June 2012 (EDT)
Sign below, please
- texugo 10:14, 26 June 2012 (EDT)