The navigation, rss, search, and toolbox bars are occupying the entire width of the screen.
When it happens
On all pages.
What should happen
The navigation bars should not be wider than the left-hand column.
How to fix it
I noticed that "width: 11.6em" was commented out of main.css, so I would think reinstating that would fix it. Not sure if it was removed for a reason though.
Nearly all pages are displaying fine; however, on very short pages (eg. this, the lower boxes (search, toolbox) expand to fill up the space where the article would usually be. This is not really a problem in my opinion though. (FF3 on Vista.) Jpatokal 23:20, 13 January 2009 (EST)
- Definitely a problem for this IE6 user as it makes most special pages unusable, as they are overwritten by all the Navigation boxes. - en:User:Huttite 03:35, 14 January 2009 (EST)
- It has become a bigger problem. On every page all of them take the full size of the page and makes performing tasks difficult because you cannot see what you're doing. -Edmontonenthusiast.
- Have viewed browser behaviour of both IE6 and IE7. In IE7 the Navigation box expands to full width of page on a short page, if no text is to the right of the navigation box. However, with IE6, the navigation boxes all expand to cover over the top portion of an article. No matter how long the text is, the navigation boxes mask the article. I know the ideal solution is to use a browser that works correctly, and an upgrade to IE7 may be a possible workaround solution for some. But that is not going to be a practical option for every IE6 user visiting WikiTravel. Many probably cannot upgrade because they are using a computer where somebody else controls what software is loaded onto it. Although this issue is probably only cosmetic, it places the website at risk because editors using IE6 may take "steps" to make their articles visible; such as inserting a lot of white space at the top of an article they are editing, just so they can see it. I would rate this fault as MOST URGENT top bug. - en:User:Huttite 17:03, 14 January 2009 (EST)
- I noticed the same problem on ja: and zh:, FF3 on xubuntu. -- Tatata 23:55, 14 January 2009 (EST)
- On shot pages on wiktravel.org/nl the expansion is also to full screen wide. Firefox (Iceweasel2) on Debian. --Rein N. 00:59, 15 January 2009 (EST)
Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved by the tech team. JuCo 18:01, 15 January 2009 (EST)
Sign below, please
JYolkowski 19:39, 13 January 2009 (EST)