Tech:Message waiting indicator
Moved from en:Wikitravel:Feature requests by Evan
Since a few months, sv: runs the feature "Message Waiting Indicator" in the shape of a red flashing dot to the right of the "My talk" link in on the page "header". Since I do not remember what we said and did at the time...:
- Is MWI implemented on all WT language versions?
- If so, any feedback?
- Is it implemented on Shared? If it is not - I suggest it should be, if we are to move some of the "international" pages, such as go-between reports, to Shared.
- Is it implemented to work for not-logged-in users, i e for messages to anonymous contributors (and/or misdemeanors)?
Riggwelter 17:52, 9 July 2006 (EDT)
- Just a low-importance comment on the subject: I would welcome it if the indicator were changed to a different color (magenta, orange, etc). I've been getting so accustomed to "red dot" meaning "message waiting" that I react every time I visit the page for en:Japan and see the flag in the quickbar, or glimpse a red dot on a map on Wikipedia. :) - Todd VerBeek 19:16, 9 July 2006 (EDT)
- I do know on EN an anon with a message on his/her talk page will see a red dot. I welcomed my IP address just to find out. -- Andrew Haggard (Sapphire) 19:21, 9 July 2006 (EDT)
- So, if there's not additional information on this request, I'd like to close it. --Evan 16:26, 14 November 2006 (EST)