Moved from en:Wikitravel:Feature requests/Implemented by Evan
Hi, It would be nice to have the same feature as Wikipedia : image thumbs. Yann 17:39, 29 Feb 2004 (EST)
- I think that's a MediaWiki 1.2 feature. I'm going to wait till 1.2 is released before rolling it out for Wikitravel. Is that OK? --Evan 18:59, 29 Feb 2004 (EST)
- The French Wikipedia uses this already since a few weeks and I don't think it already use 1.2. Yann 09:33, 1 Mar 2004 (EST)
- I'm pretty sure all the Wikipedias are using 1.2rc1. --Evan 14:07, 1 Mar 2004 (EST)
- I didn't know that development versions of Wikimedia were used at Wikipedia. No problem to wait a bit. Yann 13:02, 6 Mar 2004 (EST)
- MediaWiki 1.2's been out for a now, so when can we get our grubby hands on thumbnails? Jpatokal 23:16, 21 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- We use MediaWiki 1.2.3. If you know how to enable thumbnails for 1.2.x versions, please, let me know. --Evan 02:04, 22 Jul 2004 (EDT)
That was the info I needed! I've enabled thumbnails for all three languages, using the internal PHP functions. Any feedback welcome. --Evan 13:34, 6 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- Most excellent!!! Now I can finally start heavy-duty uploading of pictures. Two words of feedback:
- Can the default image size be made larger, (say) 256px?
- Can the border of empty space around the thumbnail be increased?
Other opinions welcome. Jpatokal 05:37, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- Also, this would be a good time to standardize on image size for Destination of the Month qualification, etc. en:Geneva and en:Black Rock City have the rather odd sizes of 333x250 and 361x250 pixels respectively... Jpatokal 11:23, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- Alsoalso, links within Image tags don't work. But this seems to be a MediaWiki 1.3 feature... Jpatokal 11:50, 17 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- Now works in 1.3.5! Jpatokal 22:35, 7 Oct 2004 (EDT)