I can not open the ja: main page from in the morning (local time in Japan), and when I try it always displays the message instead as it is shown below;
Warning: array_slice() [function.array-slice]: The first argument should be an array in /var/www/wikitravel/mw/languages/Language.php on line 1083
If I follow the link from shared such as "recent changes" < "ja:recent changes" < "アーヘン" (one of the cities on the list), I can display and edit the page.
So would you please check the system again? --Shoestring 08:43, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
- The main page works fine for me. Jpatokal 09:53, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
- Exactly. From the PC in my Office this afternoon (local time in Japan), I could access the main page without problem. But if there's some problem on the PC in my room, why I can display the specific pages such as "アーヘン" (by following the link from shared, however) and not the main page? Sounds strange. --Shoestring 10:17, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
- I also tried the google search. I can display the "ポートルイス" from the keyword search, but inaccessible to the main page at the same way.--Shoestring 10:17, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
- Very strange. My guess is that it's a caching problem -- you were looking at the page for the brief time when it was broken yesterday, and the cache isn't re-freshed. Can you try hitting Control+Reload or Shift+Reload to force a reload of the page? --Evan 15:16, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
When it happens
Probably from when you updated the Media Wiki.
What should happen
How to fix it
Thank you for your information. I once cleared all the temp internet files and restart my PC. Then the display of the main page has recovered.
Thank you again and sorry for making trouble.--Shoestring 06:36, 19 October 2006 (EDT)
- It's not trouble at all; it's very helpful when people submit bug reports. And if I can help you work on Wikitravel, that's great for everyone! --Evan 15:08, 20 October 2006 (EDT)