I count three users; great. Can someone (Carmen?) take responsibility for the site? I can get Catalan up in a few hours if that's the case. --Evan 15:47, 20 February 2007 (EST)
- I was eavesdropping at the conversation at Carme's blog and it looks like Al turtusi will be volunteering to be the liaison user. I'm excited to see one more language version (especially because it's another romance-language one) coming up so fast. I wish I could write Catalan to be able to help too. Good luck/bona sort to everyone involved! -- Ricardo (Rmx) 19:04, 20 February 2007 (EST)
- Sorry to butt in, but if you're going to launch Catalan, then please also kickstart Finnish and Chinese — both have been pending for a while. Jpatokal 21:56, 20 February 2007 (EST)
Getting this started
So, I think all the tasks for getting this language version started have been done. I'm a little wiped from doing the Wikitravel upgrade this evening, but I'm going to try and get this new version started. I should probably be up to watch for new bug reports anyways, so this gives me something to do. --Evan 23:41, 21 February 2007 (EST)
- It's up and ready to go. Al turtusi, if you could please do the honors of letting everyone who's signed up know about the new wiki, I'd appreciate it. When you've got some people signed up and working on it, we should make an announcement here and on en:.
- It'd also probably help to contact people on Catalan Wikipedia, and on the Portuguese, Spanish, and French versions of Wikitravel. I think those will probably be the most helpful with getting this new version off the ground. --Evan 01:16, 22 February 2007 (EST)
- I think placing a shortcut to the new version somewhere in this expedition might help new users finding it too. -- Ricardo (Rmx) 08:53, 22 February 2007 (EST)