As a critical nucleus of at least two Wikitravellers (Evan & I) are heading to Wikimania 2007 in en:Taipei, I propose a Wikitravel Eat-Together.
- Date: Thursday August 2nd; that is, the day before the conference starts
- Time: 7 PM
- Location: Meet at Exit 2 (south) of the MRT Jiantan station, about 800m north of CTOYAC. Please try to be on time, because finding us afterward will be difficult!
- Plan: Dinner at the cavernous, notionally air-conditioned food court outside the station (across the street from Exit 1), then explore the famous Shilin Night Market
- Contact person: User:Jpatokal at +65-91859331
The theme is eating weird and wonderful Taiwanese specialities (mm, stinky tofu) and beating the heat with cold beer.
- Ezekiel - somehow I overestimated my navigation skills, got there too late. sorry ;-)
- David Strauss (if I'm not occupied with Hacking Days)
- Ashley Rex & Waka
- Chriswaterguy - I'm a loiterer rather than a contributor on Wikitravel, but would love to come and try the stinky tofu!
Thanks to all
And a belated thanks to all who showed up, we had a good crowd of >10. I've finally put some pics up on my site:
There were lots of other cameras around, anybody else got pics? Jpatokal 12:08, 16 August 2007 (EDT)