Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta completamente dalla lingua inglese. Se puoi, terminala o riscrivila tu, eliminando il testo in lingua straniera quando hai finito. Non usare traduttori automatici! Per l'elenco completo delle altre pagine da tradurre dalla stessa lingua vedi la relativa categoria.
Nota: se non vedi il testo da tradurre potrebbe essere nascosto, fai clic su modifica per visualizzarlo.
The MediaWiki software used by Wikitravel lets us split up the site into multiple namespaces. With namespaces, each page is explicitly tagged to show what it's used for and where it fits in the site.
To make a link to an article in a namespace, you use the namespace name as a prefix to the article title, separated by a colon. For example, [[Wikitravel:Help]] is a link to the "Help" article in the "Wikitravel" namespace. See Wiki markup for more information on making links with namespaces.
The namespaces currently in use for Wikitravel are the following:
- <Main namespace>. This is where articles in the travel guide go. Links to the main namespace don't use a prefix. For example, [[Switzerland]] is in the main namespace.
- Wikitravel:. This is for pages needed to organize our effort. We keep our licensing information, documentation for our software, tools for contributing, explanations of policy, and the style and procedural notes in this namespace, as well as some interactive communication pages like the Bar dei viaggiatori.
- Image: Images uploaded through the upload page will have articles in this namespace. These articles are for describing the rights information for a particular image.
- Special: This is for pages that are automatically generated by the MediaWiki software. It's mostly for tools; these pages aren't editable by users.
- User: Each registered user on Wikitravel has an associated user page in the User: namespace. The user page for any user is located at User:Name of user. See Aiuto pagina utente for details on how user pages work.
- Talk: Each article in the main namespace has (or, rather, can have) a corresponding article in the Talk: namespace for discussing the development of that article. See Using talk pages for more information on how these pages are used.
- Wikitravel talk: Similar to the Talk: namespace, but associated with pages in the Wikitravel: namespace.
- Image talk: Again, a talk namespace, this time for Image: pages.
- User talk: Unlike the other talk namespaces, this namespace is for leaving messages for a specific Wikitraveller, rather than for discussing that person.
It usually makes a lot of sense to link from other namespace into the main namespace, but not the other way around.