I am having problems editing... the cursor is not where it belongs to...
- Hey there Flip! Yeah, there's some funky problems over here... hoping someone can sort them out soon. My cursor was doing similar things, but I think it seems to be alright for the most part now. Sometimes it looks like it's not at the beginning of the word, but the way Hindi works is that there are vowel signs. For instance in the word विकिट्रैवल (Wikitravel) वि is actually a V and an "i", but the "i" is coming first, as the little line with the loop on top of it. So for me anyway, the cursor sits in between the V and the "i", but thinks it's at the beginning of the word (which it technically is, it just doesn't look that way). Anyhow... Thanks for helping out! - cacahuate / काकाहूआटे १८:४६, १९ अप्रैल २००७ (EDT)
Time for the formal welcome, here goes...
नमस्ते, विकिट्रैवल पर आपका स्वागत है। कृपया हमारे लक्ष्य तथा कॉपिलेफ़्ट के बारे में पढ़ने के लिये कुछ समय निकालें, लेकिन लेखों को बदलने का आनन्द उठाएँ! लेखों का सम्पादन हमारे साँचों को ध्यान में रखते हुए करें। यदि आपको श्रेष्ठ लेख लिखने के लिये कुछ सुझाव चाहिए, तो इसे ध्यान से पढ़ें। अधिक जानकारी के लिये सहायता पर जाएँ या यात्री भवन में विकियात्रियों को अपने सवाल पूछें।
You online now? reply on my talk pg plz. DANKE उपमन्यु १२:४२, २३ अप्रैल २००७ (EDT)
उपमन्यु ०६:०१, २० अप्रैल २००७ (EDT)
- Thanks for the introduction! The problem is that Backspace etc. does not really work here. So I cannot corret what I wrote... Anyway Is there a transscription for "Flip666"? --Flip666 १३:४९, २३ अप्रैल २००७ (EDT)
- Ya, फ़्लिप666 -- upamanyu / उपमन्यु १२:४०, २४ अप्रैल २००७ (EDT)
Why did you write "answer on my talk page"? Normally you would rely to a discussion where it started. That makes it much easier to follow. And it solves your "red dot problem": The blinking red dot disappears as soon as you edit your talk page (you do not really have to write text, just edit and save).
sorry, I meant to write "your" talk page - that was just a typo. (writing with one hand can make you go mad s'times :) ) upamanyu / उपमन्यु १२:४०, २४ अप्रैल २००७ (EDT)
btw, i've signed up on de and am working on the hindi phrasebook because the bengali script is not compatible with my browser. upamanyu /
Quickbars / maps[बदलें]
Hey there Flip!
Regarding नई दिल्ली, we should probably discuss somewhere what we all think about how and when to use these... On English we're pretty strict about only using the quickbar on country pages, and also wouldn't use maps like this... what do you think, Upamanyu? Personally I like things as uncluttered as possible, and would lean towards not using them here... but I'm open to whatever you guys think. although right now "you guys" is about 3-4 people... hehe... काकाहूआटे २०:१२, २४ अप्रैल २००७ (EDT)
- Agree with cacahuate. Quickbars should be reserved for country articles. Witing to hear flip's opinion.... upamanyu / उपमन्यु ०५:१७, २५ अप्रैल २००७ (EDT)
- PS. cacahuate, plz see your talk pg.
- We introduced them to the de:WT with great success. I think quickbars are very useful not only in the country articles. Of course we do not have to copy the WP quickbars. Information like the town's seal, who is the major etc. is of no interest to the traveller. But espacially a location map is very useful in planning your iterary. Or just for curiosity, I did not even know the location of Delhi until yesterday :-(. And you can just copy and paste them from another language version and you'll have at least a bit information in a new article. --Flip666 ०६:२१, २५ अप्रैल २००७ (EDT)
- Upamanyu told me on shared that he has changed his mind and likes the Quickbars for Cities. What about the otherr people working here? You might want to have a look at de:Panaji, I'll include maps for other Indien provinces soon. --Flip666 ०५:०८, ८ मई २००७ (EDT)
Glad to see you helping a bit over here, lot's of work to do, nice to have some others who know the wiki to get things in order, even if you don't speak Hindi! काकाहूआटे ००:४१, ८ मई २००७ (EDT)
- No problem, it is kind of funny here. Feels like walking in the dark ... --Flip666 ०५:०५, ८ मई २००७ (EDT)
- Kein problem, Flip. Upamanyu / ManU
- Hang on, you online? Reply ASAP on this page, Bitte. उपमन्यु ०७:४१, ८ मई २००७ (EDT)
- I am online. But in the office so I can only edit while the compiler is running.... --Flip666 ०८:४१, ८ मई २००७ (EDT)PS: you cancontact me on Skype if you want. Search for "Philipp Schäufele".