Zhongli (中壢), also spelt Jhongli, Jungli and Chungli is a city in Taoyuan County, Taiwan.
Zhongli can be accessed by a number of options. A number of bus companies service the city and there is a train station as well. More recently, travelers can get to Zhongli via the high speed rail (HSR). This train provides very fast, very convenient access to and from most larger cities from the north in Taipei along the west coast to the south in Kaohsiung. The Taoyuan station is positioned very close to Zhongli and will eventually be connected to the airport by a subway system which is currently in construction.
Whilst a large city in itself, central Zhongli contains the majority of locations that most travellers would wish to see and is easily walk-able, with recent renovations to the riverside making it an enjoyable route. Although many streets suffer a lack of sidewalk, there are a number of pedestrian only shopping districts, and the YouBike scheme has recently launched in Zhongli as another alternative to get around. Getting further afield Chungli Bus operates a number of bus routes, and taxis are relatively cheap and easy to come by.
- Zhongli Xinming Night Market, Xinming Rd, Zhongli District, Taoyuan City 320, . One of the largest night markets in the Taoyuan City area, its possible to have a full dinner's worth of food on a very tight budget. Add to that a number of stalls selling trinkets (albeit cheap ones) and the sights and sounds of fairground style amusement games, the market makes an ideal way to spend an evening and understand this key part of Taiwan culture. Unique food include snake soup, catfish soup, and fried milk edit
- CYCU Neighborhood, Section One Zhongbei Rd, Zhongli District, Taoyuan City 320. The neighborhood surrounding Chung Yuan Christian University is a hive of street vendors, cafes, bars and even a budget cinema - visit in the evenings to get the full atmosphere. The nearby University campus is open to the public and provides a more peaceful quiet retreat from the bustling streets. edit
- Longgang Juancun, Qianlong St, Zhongli District, Taoyuan City 320 (Bus 112 from Zhongli station in either direction), . The remnants of a Military Dependents Village (Juancun) that crosses the administrative borders of Zhongli and Pingzhen. Little original architecture remains, but the imported cultures of Yunnan, Burma and Thailand are still very much present. Visit the morning street market (until roughly noon) and try the Yunnan Rice Noodles (Migan 米干) in any number of restaurants. Nearby are also the recently developed Yunnan Culture Park and the Longgang Mosque. edit
- Zhongping Story House (中平路故事館), No. 99, Fuxing Rd, Zhongli District, Taoyuan City 320, ☎ 03 425 5008, . 10:00-19:00. An Japanese-style restaurant in an old colonial era house, renovated and presented with small historical displays. edit
- Zuo Zhe Zuo (坐著做), No. 4, Alley 15, Lane 60, Aiguo Rd, Zhongli District, Taoyuan City 320, ☎ 0989 025 064, . 11:45-14:30, 17:30-22:30. One of the most coveted sushi restaurants in Zhongli, very well prepared with both innovative and traditional dishes. Always popular with minimal seating - call in advance if you want to dine. edit
- Triangle Hakka Bun Vegetable Restaurant, No. 272, Zhongzheng Road, Zhongli District, Taoyuan City 320, ☎ 03-4257508, . 24/7. They sell colorful Hakka buns, which have unique flavored dough. They also sell radish buns. edit
- The Jalapeno, No. 370, Minquan Road, Zhongli District, Taoyuan City 320, ☎ (0)-910338083. A mexican themed bar around the corner from the Zhongli Night market, serving mexican food best categorised as greasy bar snacks. Jack the owner makes the bar what it is, a fun place to spend an evening. Jack and many of his staff speak English, and the place is often frequented by expats and western visitors. edit
- Hop In, 2F, No. 11, Guyang'an St, Zhongli District, Taoyuan City 320, ☎ 03 425 8700, . 17:00-01:00. A new bar to the Zhongli scene offering craft beer and ciders, with at least two different ales available on tap at any time. Good vibe in a modern, industrial style setting, expect to pay a little more here, but the drinks are worth it. edit
- The River, No. 18, Datong Rd, Zhongli District, Taoyuan City 320, ☎ 03 427 9816, . 19:00-04:00. Possibly the most well-known and infamous of expat bars in Zhongli. Owner Kim has been running The River since 1999, and always gives guests a warm welcome. Pool table, draught beer and regular theme nights available. edit
- Hideout, No. 76-10, Zhongmei Rd, Zhongli District, Taoyuan City 320, ☎ 03 280 7351, . 14:00 - 02:00 (closed on Monday's). A curious mix of coffee shop/cafe by day and cocktail bar by night. Hideout is pleasantly located in the center of Zhongli's Zhongzheng Park (between the library and basketball courts) and provides a more comfortable and relaxed atmosphere to many other bars in the area. edit
- Hotel MU, No. 38, Por-ai 3rd rd., Jhongli District, Taoyuan City, ☎ 03-427-5999. edit
- Hotel Kuva Chateau, 398 Minchuan Rd., ☎ Tel:+886-3-2811818. edit