Yountville is a small town in Napa Valley, California named for its founder Georg Calvert Yount. It is now home to many world class restaurants and wineries as well as fantastic boutique shopping.
From San Francisco:
- Highway 101 North over the Golden Gate Bridge, to Highway 37;
- Highway 37 East towards Vallejo/Napa, to Highway 121;
- Highway 121 North towards Napa to Highway 29 North to Yountville.
- Napa Valley Museum, 55 Presidents Circle, Phone: +1 707 944-0500, . Daily except Tu, 9AM-5PM. Exhibits range across history, art and natural science of the area. $4.50, 7-17 $2.50.
- Lincoln Theater Performing Arts Center, 100 California Drive, Phone: +1 707 944-4600, .
- Vintner's Golf Club, 7901 Solano Avenue off Hwy 29 at the Veterans Home, 707.944.1992, . Nine holes, par 34, 5,573 yards.
- Napa River Ecological Reserve, East of Yountville on the north side of Yountville Cross Road. Over seventy acres of raw Napa Valley are preserved here, including riverbank meadows where over 65 species of birds nest and over 80 more pass through. Species seen include herons and egrets, hummingbirds, quail, golden eagles, falcons, woodpeckers, and great horned owls. More than 40 species of butterflies also make the Reserve their home.
- Napa Valley Bike Tours, 6795 Washington Street (inside Washington Square at Washington & Madison Streets), 707.944.2953, . Offer three levels of support to visitors who want to pedal to Napa's boutique wineries: 1) Fully Guided & Supported Bike Tours, 2) Self-Guided Bike Tour (includes box lunch and wine purchase pick-up service) or 3) Bike Rentals.
- Domaine Chandon, One California Drive, +1 707 944-2280, . Daily 10AM-5PM. Champagne of course. Also Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier. Free tours.
- Goosecross Cellars, 1119 State Lane, Phone: +1 707 944-1986, . 10AM-4:30PM. Smaller winery with tastings in their cool cellars.
- Farmer's Market, 6539 Washington Street, Phone: 707-944-0904, Wednesdays, June-Sept, 4PM-8PM.
- Brix Restaurant, 7377 St. Helena Hwy. (Hwy 29), Phone: +1 707 944-2749, Fax: +1 707 944-8320, . Daily 11:30AM-9PM (F,Sa until 10PM).
- Pacific Blues Cafe, 6525 Washington St., Phone: +1 707 944-4455, FAX: +1 707 944-2453, . Daily 8AM-10PM.
- Hurley's Restaurant and Bar, 6518 Washington St., Phone: +1 707 944-2345, .
- Napa Valley Grille, 6795 Washington St. (Route 29) Washington Square, Phone: +1 707 944-8686, . Wine country comfort food. Open for lunch and dinner. Nice patio area also.
- Mustard's Grill 7339 St. Helena Highway, Yountville, CA 94558. Telephone: 707.944.2424. Boasts an American Grill menu.
- Bouchon, 6534 Washington St, ☎ +1 (707) 944-8037, . Fantastically delicious French cuisine is served up in this atmospheric bistro by Thomas Keller. The bakery next door turns out bread and pastries that'll knock your socks off. Prices are much more moderate than the neighboring French Laundry.... dinner for two will likely run around $175-250 without alcohol.
- French Laundry, 6640 Washington Street, +1 707 944-2380, . Dinner daily, Lunch F-Su. Considered one of the best restaurants in the United States — if not the best. Make reservations two months in advance. Very expensive French cuisine by chef Thomas Keller, who was voted by Time Magazine as the best chef in the country in 2001. Three prix-fixe menus. Dinner for two will run around $500, without alcohol.
- Bistro Jeanty, 6510 Washington St., Phone: +1 707 944-0103, . Daily 11:30AM-10:30PM.
- Etoile at Domaine Chandon, 1 California Drive, +1 800 736-2892, .
- Pancha's, 6764 Washington St. A locals bar and arguably the closest thing to a dive bar in all of Napa Valley.
- Bardessono Hotel (Bardessono - Yountville CA Luxury Hotel in Napa Valley), 6526 Yount Street Yountville, CA 94599, ☎ 707-204-6000, . (38.4015781,-122.3608105)
- Napa Valley Railway Inn, 6523 Washington Street, Phone: +1 707 944-2000, .
- Maison Fleurie, a Four Sisters Inn, 6529 Yount Street, Toll free: +1 800.788.0369, Phone: +1 707 944-2056, . Thirteen guest rooms in beautiful garden setting. Breakfast and afternoon wine included.
- Napa Valley Lodge, 2230 Madison St., Toll free: +1 800-368-2468, Phone: +1 707 944-2468, .
- Lavender - A Bed & Breakfast, 2020 Webber Avenue, Yountville, California 94599, (707) 944-1388. Lavender has six charming provincial & luxuriously cozy courtyard cottage guest rooms surrounding the garden and the main historic house.
- Vintage Inn, 6541 Washington Street, Toll free: +1 800-351-1133, Phone: +1 707 944-1112, . Four-Diamond elegant French-style inn with fireplaces and whirlpool bathtubs in each guestroom. Outstanding gardens with a central watercourse. Excellent breakfast and afternoon tea. Lovely pool.
- Villagio Inn & Spa, 6481 Washington St., Toll free: +1 800-351-1133, Phone: +1 707 944-8877, . Four-Diamond Tuscan style inn and spa with beautiful gardens, fountains and watercourse.
- Bordeaux House, 6600 Washington Street, Toll Free: 1-800-877-6370, . Enjoy a once in a lifetime Romantic Getaway in Napa Valley Wine Country.
- Hotel Yountville, 6462 Washington Street, Yountville, +1-707-967-7900,  - "along Hopper Creek, Hotel Yountville delivers the perfectly curated romantic vacation experience. Custom designed rooms & suites from 475-1100 square foot, include signature "Dream Beds," fieldstone fireplace, private gardens, vaulted ceilings, Spa tubs, HDTV, WiFi and European linens and amenities all combining to make the quintessential Napa Valley retreat. The Resort boasts the 4000 square foot Spa Acqua, the Grand Salon events center and amazing dining experiences at Hopper Creek Kitchen, all for the exclusive use of the guests.
- Castle in the Clouds Bed and Breakfast, 7400 St. Helena Highway, Phone: +1 707 944-2785, . Best views with luxurious accommodations.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!