Yeppoon is a town on the Capricorn Coast of Capricornia (Central Queensland), about 30 minutes drive north-east of Rockhampton.
Yeppoon is a tropical beach-side town at the northern end of the Capricorn Coast of Central Queensland. Located just slightly north of the Tropic of Capricorn, Yeppoon has a very mild climate, with January temperatures of 24 to 29 degrees, and July temperatures of 12 to 21 degrees.
Yeppoon faces the beautiful Keppel Islands which are about 15 km off the coast. In more recent years, it has gradually become a suburban area of Rockhampton, a city about 40 km to the south-west.
There is a string of beach-side developments stretching for about 20 km along the Capricorn Coast, southwards to the township of Emu Park, at the southern end. There are many sandy beaches and a causeway lake in the region.
About 40 km, or 25 minutes by car, from Rockhampton. Suburban bus services, run by Young's Bus Service, run every hour or so to the area, including services to the marina wharf area at Roslyn Bay.
The closest main airport is at Rockhampton.
- Roslyn Bay Marina
- Wreck Point
- Causeway Lake
- Singing Ship. The singing ship is a memorial to James Cook located at the headland at Emu Park. As the wind blows the "strings" the ship sings.
- Saling Club, (right on the beach at Yeppoon). Dining room overlooks the beach, with large windows looking out over Keppel Bay. Basic furnishing, and casual atmosphere. Food is no more expensive than the other clubs in town. Mains courses are around $18. Kids meals, $8. edit
- Emus Beach Resort, Emu Park, Emu Park (follow the signs to Emu Park from Rockhampton), ☎ +61 7 4939 6111, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 10AM. Newly opened backpackers resort. From $23. edit
- L'amor Holiday Apartments (L'amor), Yeppoon (South of Yeppoon on the beach), ☎ 07 4939 4413, . L'amor Holiday Apartments is a quiet, clean and good value option south of the main town area in Yeppoon. From $100. edit
- Pumpkin Island Eco Retreat (Pumpkin Island), Yeppoon (Situated between Great Keppel and North Keppel Islands), ☎ 07 4939 4413, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 10AM. Pumpkin Island off the Capricorn Coast near Yeppoon is an island within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. This retreat consists of five eco-friendly self-catering cottages powered by wind and sun, overlooking a crystalline beach. Each accommodates between four and eight guests (with a maximum of 30) and is fully self-contained. From $285. edit
- Driftwood Units, ☎ +61 7 4939 2446, . edit
- Villa Mar Colina, ☎ +61 7 4939 3177, . edit
Great Keppel Island