Wudalianchi National Forest Park (五大连池国家森林公园) is in Heilongjiang province.
Wudalianchi, or Five Interconnected Lakes, is a topigraphical miracle wrought by an erupting volcanic mountain more than 60,000 years ago. The mountains and caves around the lakes, and the waters in them, are known for their exotic shapes and hues. It is also the location of China's largest cold mineral water recuperating center.
Flora and faunaEdit
Buses to and from Harbin's main long-distance bus station on a daily basis (takes about 5 hours). The buses drop off and load at the Wudalianchi Worker's Sanatorium.
One train runs from Harbin in the early morning taking about 8 hours to reach Wudalianchi costing under 40 rmb.
A couple of trains run daily to Bai'an and are met by buses to Wudalianchi.
Entrance fee to the Laohei Volcanic Scenic Area (the name on the ticket elsewhere in this entry called Laohei Shan) is 80 rmb and the essential bus to the beginning of the walk, 25rmb (2014).
Seperate fees apply for each of the attractions in the Wudalianchi Global Geopark (again, the name on the ticket but presumably the same as the section: Wudalianchi National Forest Park)
Private minivans are the only way to see most of the Park. Drivers congregate near a bilingual map of the Park where you can show them where you want to go and then negotiate a price. The map is opposite the entrance to Nan Quan (South Spring) which is a half hour walk east of the Worker's Sanatorium.
- Laohei Shan and Shi Hai (Mt. Laohei and the Sea of Stone)- most popular volcano in the park
- Lava Ice Cavern and Lava Snow Cavern (Bing Dong) - year round colored light show
- Zhongling Temple - fine views from the temple and fat Buddhas to boot
- Do come visit during the annual Water Drinking Festival held by the local Daur minority in May
- Wudalianchi Worker's Sanatorium (Gongren Liaoyangyuan), large complex just east of the main traffic circle, ☎ (0456)7221569 (fax: (0456)7221814). edit
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|