Woodland Hills is in the San Fernando Valley in the Los Angeles metropolitan area in Southern California. An average middle class Los Angeles neighborhood, this area is remarkable for the numerous Persian restaurants along Ventura Blvd. in the south as well as the medium-density new city development known as Warner Center. Topanga Canyon Blvd provides the most scenic road from Los Angeles to the beach, with a small hippie community called Topanga along the way. However, Woodland Hills is not generally acknowledged as a tourist destination.
Woodland Hills is accessible by car from the 101 Freeway.
An automobile is essential for getting around Woodland Hills. The Los Angeles bus system  runs through the area and costs $1.25. Also, the Orange Line has a stop at Warner Center.
- Candy Cane Lane, Lubao Avenue and Oxnard Street. A charmingly decorated street at Christmastime.
- Woodland Hills Country Club, 21150 Dumetz Rd (south of the 101 freeway), +1 818 818-347-1511, . M - F: 7AM – Sunset, Sa-Su & Holidays: 6:30AM – Sunset. 18 hole golf course with restaurant.
- Promenade Mall, 6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard (Topanga Cyn and Erwin), +1 818 594-8732, . M - F: 10AM - 9PM, Sa: 10AM - 8PM, Sun: 11AM - 7PM. Upscale shopping. Casual dining and a movie theatrer.
- Topanga Plaza, 6600 Topanga, Canyon Boulevard (Topanga Cyn and Vanowen), +1 818 594-8732, . M - F: 10AM - 9PM, Sat: 10AM - 8PM, Sun: 11AM - 7PM. Chain store shopping.
- Brandywine, 22757 Ventura Blvd (just east of Fallbrook), +1 818 225-9114. Mon - Fri: 11:30AM - 2:30PM, 5:30PM - 10:30PM; Sat: 5:30PM - 10:30PM. One of the best restaurants in the valley. Reservations required as restaurant is small and books up early. Very expensive.
- La Frite, 22616 Ventura Blvd (Ventura and Sale Ave), +1 818 225-1331. Su-Th: 11AM - 10PM; F-Sa: 11AM - 11PM. Charming French restaurant, very reliable food quality. $15 - $30.
- Pizza Cookery, 6209 Topanga Canyon Blvd (strip mall on northwest corner of Topanga Cyn and Erwin), +1 818 887-4770. Casual pizzeria with sawdust on the floor. The garlic rolls have a cult following. $15 - $30.
- Shalimar Cuisine of India, 23011 Ventura Blvd (west of Fallbrook, tight parking lot, more parking on side street), +1 818 225-7794. The perfect Indian restaurant for British ex-pats. $10 - $20.
- Pickwick Pub, 21010 Ventura Blvd, ☎ +1 818-340-9673. Quintessential British pub. edit
- The Rack, 6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, ☎ (818) 716-0123, . Pool lounge edit
- Comfort Inn, 20157 Ventura Boulevard (west of Winnetka), ☎ +1 818-347-8080 (fax: +1 818 716-5333). From $90 per night. edit
- Extended Stay America, 20205 Ventura Boulevard (Between Victory and Erwin), +1 818 710-1170 (fax +1 818 710-1913), . From $89 per night.
- Hilton Woodland Hills & Towers, 6360 Canoga Ave (Between Victory and Erwin), ☎ +1 818-595-1000 (fax: +1 818 596-4578), . From $189 per night. edit
- Holiday Inn Woodland Hills, 21101 Ventura Blvd, +1 818 883-6110 (fax +1 818 340-6550), . From $143 per night.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 22617 Ventura Blvd., ☎ +18182222299, . Offers free breakfast, free Internet access and hotel vacation packages edit
- Warner Center Marriott, 21850 Oxnard St (Oxnard and Topanga), ☎ +1 818-887-4800 (fax: +1 818 340-5893), . Across the street from the Promenade Mall. 474 newly refreshed rooms and suites. Indoor and outdoor pools. From $209 per night. edit
- Calabasas - Woodland Hills' western neighbor.
- Canoga Park - Woodland Hills' neighbor to the north.
- Tarzana - Woodland Hills' neighbor to the east.
- Winnetka - Woodland Hill's neighbor to the northeast.
|Routes through Woodland Hills
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!