Wisconsin Dells is a popular vacation area in central Wisconsin, best known for its rock formations and water parks.
Wisconsin Dells is an hour north of Madison and two hours from Milwaukee. It is one of the most popular destinations in the midwest, famous for the steep and scenic bluffs along the rivers that make great cruising, and is also famous for the many theme parks.
The Dane County Regional Airport in Madison is an hour to the south. Further away lies O'Hare International Airport in Chicago and Gen. Mitchel International Airport in Milwaukee.
Amtrak's Empire Builder route between Chicago/Milwaukee and the Pacific Northwest passes through the Dells. The Station is located just off Broadway, the main strip of downtown Wisconsin Dells.
Interstate 90/94 passes right through the Dells area with four exits leading directly to the Wisconsin Dells area.
The Greyhound Bus stops at the Citgo/Burger King at 611 Frontage Rd.
The majority of Wisconsin Dells tourist attractions are located along Broadway (Downtown Dells) and the Wisconsin Dells Parkway (Dells and Lake Delton). Both of these streets merge to form an "L" shape curving along the river as it progresses through town. This route can be traced from highway 16, where Broadway essentially begins, to Interstate 90/94. If you continue to follow this route past the interstate, you will eventually come to the Ho-Chunk Casino followed by the neighboring community of Baraboo.
- Mt. Olympus Water plus Theme Park, 1881 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, 800-800-4997, 
- Tommy Bartlett Show, 560 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, (608) 254-2525, . A water skier show and a science museum.
- Circus World Museum, 550 Water Street, Baraboo, 1-866-693-1500. 
- Ripley's Believe it or Not!, 115 Broadway, (608) 253-7556, .
- Top Secrete, somewhere in the Dells, (608) 254-6700, 
- Mid-Continent Railway Museum, Diamond Hill Road, North Freedom, 1-800-930-1385, . 7 mile train journey
- Rick Wilcox Theater, 1670 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, (608) 254-5511, . Magic Show.
- Boat Cruises Many companys operate boat tours.
- Upper & Lower Dells Boat Tours, April to October.
- Original Wisconsin Ducks (boats that also drive on land).
Wisconsin Dells offers a wide variety of attractions and activities ranging from waterparks and rides to shopping,
as well as boat rides on the upper and lower Dells on the Wisconsin River.
The terms "upper" and "lower" Dells refer to the areas above (upper) and below (lower) the Hydro-Electric Dam which partly powers the City of Wisconsin Dells.
The two regions differ in geography and scenery. Upper Dells Boat Tours travel upstream from Wisconsin Dells while The Lower Dells Boat Tours travel downstream.
The area boasts, Mt. Olympus Water plus Theme Park and Noah's Ark Waterpark, along with several other waterparks, like the resort waterparks: KalahariResort,
Wilderness Resort, Great Wolf Lodge, Chula Vista Resort and Mt. Olympus Resort giving Wisconsin Dells its motto: The Waterpark Capital of the World!®.
Special coupons and promotional packages for multiple attractions throughout Wisconsin Dells can be found at www.dells.com.
Also, check out the championship golf courses and world class spa and day spa's.
Downtown Wisconsin Dells offers a wide variety of shopping options. Explore the area and discover our broad mix of stores including gift shops, antique stores, art galleries, apparel boutiques and more! Indulge in sweet treats, like fudge, saltwater taffy and gourmet caramel apples. All of this lies along the scenic river walk of downtown, providing beautiful views of the Upper Dells. Further down the parkway, you can find some of the standard faire, such as Walmart and Kohls Department Stores, as well as some more unique shops like Parson's Indian Trading Post & Museum, which boasts one of the worlds largest collections of Native American crafted products.
And then at the end of the parkway, you can find the Tanger Outlet mall, which offers discount merchandise from popular retailers such as Coach, Adidas, American Eagle and Banana Republic. Finally, after passing the 90/94 overpass on the Dells Parkway, there's the Wisconsin Dells Antique Mall, offering everything from World War II memorabilia to antique toys to sports merchandise.
- Danny's 90-94 Grill & Pizza, (608) 253-5126,
Danny's serves fantastic burgers and sandwiches, delicious malts and shakes, hand made pizza and an outstanding selection of grilled chicken sandwiches. Kid's specials and a whole lot more. Also offering breakfast, brunch and dinner buffets.
- Bronco Billy's Saloon!, (608) 355-1055, . Bronco Billy's Saloon, is known for its famous 2/3 lb Char Grilled Bronco Burger. A large menu, daily specials and drink specials available every day. Enjoy karaoke, live entertainment, Volleyball and horseshoe courts with panoramic views of Wisconsin's gorgeous countryside. Just a short drive to Interstate 90/94, Ho-Chunk Casino and Wisconsin Dells!
- Crabby's All You Can Eat Seafood & More, (608) 253-CRAB, . If you love seafood, you can't find a better value in the Dells area. Bring your family for fun and outstanding food. Features a Galley style dining room, serving there signature Pirate Adventure Feast. Fresh carved Prime Rib, Chicken, Sushi and Mahi-Mahi. delicious faire for seafood and meat lovers! Also featuring an Animatronic Pirate Show!
- Monk's Bar & Grill, (608) 254-6036, . A Wisconsin Dells tradition since 1947 among locals and visitors alike, a trip to the Dells is simply incomplete without a monk's burger made from angus beef. Two level seating. Full drink menu and great food makes for a great time!
- Mr. Pancake, (800) 648-4765, (608) 253-3663, . Another Dells landmark since the 1960's. Offers a massive selection of delicious Pancakes, Waffles and Omelets. You have to try the Hot Fudge Banana Split Waffle or Strawberry Blintzes! Everything is made from scratch everyday according to their Traditional Family Recipes. 7AM-2PM. Groups Call
- Pedros Mexican Restaurante, (608) 253–7233, . Just across the bridge from downtown, next to Timber Falls Adventure Golf. Here, you can find fresh Mexican cuisine. Fajitas, enchiladas, burritos, chimichangas, margaritas. A great choice for affordable family dining. Half price margaritas every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Buffalo Phil's Grille, (608) 254-7300,
Come to eat, stay to play! Watch the chefs prepare your meal in their State-of-the-Art show kitchen with roasting spits of meat & a Woodstone oven as they prepare a medley of rotissery chicken and wood fire pizzas. Get a taste of the Wild West at Buffalo Phil’s Grille. Indoor entertainment right next door…Knuckleheads Bowling & Indoor Amusement Park.
- Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co., (608) 254-1122 . The Dells first micro-brewery features ten hand-crafted beers. From the tanks of the micro brewery straight to your glass. The Moosejaw brewmasters use locally grown hops to brew a huge variety of fantastic beers, ales and lagers. Pair that with fantastic pizza and fantastic sandwiches for a truly winning combination. Free Delivery!
- The Cheese Factory Restaurant, (608) 253-6065,
A smoke-free, vegetarian restaurant serving breakfast till 2 (At which this establishment excels). Even for the carnivores among us, this restaurant is truly fantastic. Full soda fountain, espresso and cappuccino bar, a free jukebox and truly legendary desserts make The Cheese Factory a stop that should definitely NOT be missed!
- Mexicali Rose, (608) 254-6036,
Wisconsin Dells oldest Mexican restaurant, Mexicali Rose offers a broad menu of Mexican Favorites and a breathtaking view of the Wisconsin River. Called an "Absolute must visit." by The Chicago Tribune and "Most ambiance." by The Minneapolis Star.
- The Del-Bar, (608) 253-1861, 
Established in 1943, The Del-Bar is first and foremost in fine dining in Wisconsin Dells. Designed in the tradition of Frank Lloyd Wright's Prairie School of Architecture, The Del-Bar offers not only wonderful ambience, but one of the best menus in the area. Known for their Dry Aged steaks, Pan Fried Walleye and Jumbo Tempura Shrimp, this establishment will sate the appetite of even the most discerning foodie.
- Ishnala Supper Club, (608) 253-1771, 
Just outside of Wisconsin Dells and ensconced in the majestic beauty of Mirror Lake State Park, Ishnala provides a beautiful and intimate dining experience. The perfect spot for a romantic dinner, the floors are built from seventy six tons of flagstone mined from a nearby quarry, with giant norway pines growing through the floor and ceiling. Truly an experience to be had.
- Mt. Olympus Villages, 1-800-800-4997, .
- Star Motel Resort, 1-(800) 532-8300, .
- Angel's Hideaway Motel & Campground, (608) 254-2121
- Evergreen Motel, (608) 254-2666.
- Kilbourn Inn Motel, (608) 254-4541.
- King's Inn Motel, (608) 254-2043, .
- Rainbow Motel, (608) 254-7606.
- Twi-Lite Motel, (608) 253-1911.
- Black Hawk Motel, (608) 254-7770, .
- Bridge View Motel, (608) 254-6114, .
- Colonial Motel, (608) 253-7771, .
- Day's End Motel, 1-888-315-2378, .
- Dell Creek Motel, 1-800-525-7301, .
- The Finch Motel, (608) 253-4342, .
- Fitzgerald's Motel, (608) 253-1651, .
- Gables Motel, (608) 253-3831.
- International Motel (608) 254-2431,
- Mayflower Motel & Suites 1-800-345-7407, 
- Olympia Motel (608) 254-2800, 
- Pine Aire Motel & Suites 1-800-635-8627, 
- Relax Inn 1-888-888-6050, 
- River Road Motel (608) 254-8252, 
- Starlite Motel (608) 254-7525,
- White Rose Motel 1-800-482-4724, 
- Mt. Olympus Water plus Theme Park and Resort,(800) 800-4997, . 1881 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Located on the Strip In Wisconsin Dells. Come stay as long as you like! We've got so many attractions, you'll have to stay more than one day to enjoy it all! Mt.Olympus Water & Theme Park has made it extremely easy to plan your vacation by providing you with "online reservations". Did you know that when you Stay at Mt. Olympus Resorts the park admission is FREE?...including the Day of Check! Stay and Play FREE at Mt. Olympus Resorts!
- White Rose Inns Bed & Breakfast & Motel, (608) 253-1999, www.dellswhiterose.com, email@example.com,
- Northern Bay Golf Resort and Marina ., 1844 20th Avenue,, 1.888.828.6745, Located on the shores of Castle Rock Lake just north of the Wisconsin Dells, Northern Bay features a replica 18 hole golf experience inspired by courses the pros play. Rent one of our fine luxury cedar and stone condominiums, situated on the course or the lake, and play golf like you never have before.
- Rhapsody Resort and Spa ., 650B E. Hiawatha Dr., 1.888.828.6745, Located in the heart of all the Dells attractions, Rhapsody Resort and Spa offers luxurious 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom villas, penthouses and suites with breathtaking views of Lake Delton, most with full kitchen and home theater systems. The lakeside resort includes amenities like indoor pool and hot tub, sauna, exercise facility, fabulous outdoor pool overlooking Lake Delton, two private sand beaches, private boat dock, outdoor fire pits, and outdoor grills.
- Chula Vista Resort, 1-800-388-4782, . An all inclusive Wisconsin Dells water park resort featuring two outdoor water parks and one indoor water park, golf, and other family-friendly activities. Onsite dining, hotel rooms, and condo rentals available.
- Skyline Hotel & Suites, (608) 253-4841, . 1970 Wisconsin Dells Parkway
- Great Wolf Lodge, 1-800-559-9652, . The largest indoor waterpark resort chain in the US. Unlimited waterpark wristbands included with all rooms.
- 4 Seasons Motel, 1-800-377-1868, .
- Grand Marquis Hotel & Suites, 1-800-447-2636, .
- Indian Trail Motel, (608) 253-2641, .
- Lake Delton Motel, 1-888-469-8600, .
- Lakeside Motel, (608) 253-2282, .
- Luna Inn & Suites, 1-800-999-5862.
- Malibu Inn, (608) 254-7102, .
- Monaco Motel, 1-800-892-6542, .
- Pine Dell Motel, 1-866-448-PINE, .
- Shamrock Motel & Suites, 1-800-437-5825, .
- Super 8, 1-800-800-8000, .
- Alakai Hotel & Suites, 1-800-593-9392, .
- Camelot Hotel & Suites, 1-888-946-3000, .
- Diamond Hotel, 1-800-353-1630, .
- Holiday Shores Camp-Resort, (608) 254-2717, .
- Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites, 1-800-828-6888, .
- Days Inn, 1-866-WI-DELLS, .
- Flamingo Motel & Suites, 1-800-243-3557, .
- RainTree Resort, 1-888-253-4386, .
- Ramada Limited, 1-800-845-2251.
- Riviera Motel & Suites, 1-800-800-7109, .
- Copa Cabana Resort Hotel & Suites, 1-800-364-2672, .
- Howard Johnson, 1-800-543-3557, .
- New Concord Inn, 1-800-348-2019, .
T*he Wisconsin Dells Police Department is located at 712 Oak St. Next to the Kilbourn Fire Department. Emergency Number is 911, Non Emergency is (608) 253-4375.
- Lake Delton Police Department is located at 50 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy. Emergency Number is 911, Non Emergency is (608) 254-8331.
- The Wisconsin Dells Clinic is located at 1310 Broadway, 608-253-5451.
- The Lake Delton Clinic is located at 530 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., (608) 254-5400.
- St Clare Urgent Care Center is located at 530 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy. (608) 254-5959.
There are many online resources to take advantage of. Do your research to locate dells websites most are .com sites but there are some .org websites and .edu sites that have valuable information. Pick up a free travel and attraction guide to help planning. Many feature ways to save money with coupon books and discount cards. Check online newspaper sites for events and festivals. Look for online reviews and specials to see what other travelers are saying before you book. Many times you can subscribe to a dells website for free coupons, email offers and last minute specials. The area marketing has grown so you can get many discounts, savings and offers directly to your mobile devices. While your there having a good time make sure you remember to save enough gas money to get home!
|Routes through Wisconsin Dells
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!