Windermere is a town in Cumbria.
A591 leads to/from the main M6 north-south motorway
Windermere is at the end of a branch line from Oxenholme on the main West Coast route from London to Scotland. Trains run every hour or so.
The train station is above the town, a few minutes walk from the centre. The station forecourt has bus stops with frequent service into the town and to
Bowness-on-Windermere and Ambleside, and a taxi rank.
There is one coach per day to and from London. Local bus services run to and from Kendal, Lancaster and Keswick as well as to destinations throughout the Lake District.
The town is small enough to walk around easily. Buses run to the adjoining town, Bowness-on-Windermere , on the Windermere lake front (or you can walk there
in around 20 minutes).
- Fat Olives, Lake Road, Bowness, ☎ 015394 47447, . Best restaurant ever visited in the Lake District. Beautiful food and wonderful staff. edit
- Low Wood Bay, Low Wood Bay, Windermere, Cumbria LA23 1LP, ☎ 015394 33338, . checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. £49-£98 pppn. (54.410225,-2.947758) edit Low Wood Bay is a 4 star resort hotel on the lake shore of Windermere. Featuring its own leisure club and beauty salon including a 50 foot swimming pool and jacuzzi.
- Waterhead, Lake Road, Ambleside, Cumbria LA22 0ER, ☎ 015394 32566, . checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. £56.50-£113 pppn. (54.420524,-2.961805) edit 4-star town house boutique hotel.
- Miller Howe 
Bed And Breakfast
- Ivy Bank, Holly Road Windermere Cumbria LA23 2AF, ☎ 015394 42601, . £32-£45 pppn. edit
- Park Beck (Bed and Breakfast), 3 Park Road, Windermere, LA23 2AW, ☎ 01539444025. En-suite accommodation with free parking, Wi-Fi and traditional English breakfast. edit
- Windermere Lodge  is a four star graded luxury pine lodge in Limefitt Park, Troutbeck.
- Kingfisher Lodge  is a traditional riverside log cabin in the heart of tranquil Troutbeck.
- Matson Ground  has 5 rural holiday cottages near Bowness-on-Windermere.