Question: how to "whitelist" (for example) www.geocities.com/bamboosu/ without whitelisting the entire geocities.com domain?
Las Vegas contains several "....casino (dot) com" websites that are blocked by the spam filter. The page cannot be edited as a result. The following URLs are affected:
- www.aladdincasino (dot) com
- www.goldcoastcasino (dot) com
- www.mainstreetcasino (dot) com
- www.fremontcasino (dot) com
The page at http://wikitravel.org/en/Cairns has a valid link to our local ca s in o but this stops further changes to the page so / needs to be added to the whitelist
- I can't save the Las Vegas page despite the fact that alladdincasino (dot) com is listed on this whitelist. (Update) It gets weirder... if I just try to edit the "On the Strip" section under "Sleep", even if I remove all text and try to save I get a spam filter error. Something is not right. -- Ryan 01:08, 17 Feb 2006 (EST)
Nurg indicated this one was needed for Albury-Wodonga, but it still seems to be blocked due to a rule against donga .com. -- Ryan 00:20, 10 Dec 2005 (EST)
expo2010china dot com
expo2010china dot com is the official Expo 2010 site, but it hits the china dot com blacklist.
And would it be possible to disable spam filtering for this talk page question mark It apostrophe is kind of annoying dot dot dot Jpatokal 03:10, 17 Dec 2005 (EST)
New Orleans/French Quarter apparently has an actual museum of antique pharmaceuticals. -- Colin 00:55, 12 Feb 2006 (EST)
Hi. I had problems with links when updating de:Milford_Sound in the german Wikitravel. It seems that every domain including the term "milford" gets blocked. So I added the term to the whitelist, hopefully it works now. Thorsten 05:55, 15 Feb 2006 (EST)
Added this because it appears to be an actual casino in Cottonera. -- Colin 20:57, 16 Feb 2006 (EST)
NY NY casino
I added the "New York, New York" casino in Vegas. It didn't seem to help, so I did the usual html-comment workaround. -- Colin 02:16, 17 Feb 2006 (EST)
CBGB is a music venue in New York (city)/East Village that's gettin' blocked. Majnoona 20:18, 20 April 2006 (EDT)
- It didn't work for me so I rolled it back to gb\.com again while I think about it. -- Colin 20:20, 20 April 2006 (EDT)
- Weird. As long as we have a note here as to what it's for I don't mind. But it's prolly best to have it as specific as possible... Majnoona 20:22, 20 April 2006 (EDT)
- Okay, I give up. I don't understand why whitelisting cbgb-com didn't work although whitelisting bg-com does. -- Colin 20:23, 20 April 2006 (EDT)
The "New York (city)/East Village" entry cannot be edited while gb\.com is blacklisted. Today, while I've been trying to edit the East Village entry, gb\.com has been repeatedly deleted from the white list. Can you imagine how frustrating it is to have your work repeatedly disappear because someone doesn't pay attention even after I write a note under "history" saying why you shouldn't delete the whitelisting of gb\.com? The procedure for editing the East Village article is to temporarily whitelist gb\.com, save the edited article, and then reedit the whitelist to delete gb\.com. It's a lousy workaround, and maybe it would be best to simply get rid of the blacklist for that site, but the workaround sure doesn't work when people sabotage it. SO PLEASE QUIT IT! Thank you, and sorry for the frustration; I'm sure you had good intentions.
Why is it important to have a spam blacklist anyway, and why is it important for gb\.com to be on the blacklist?
Michael 0:25, Apr 21 2006 (UTC), edited 17:40, Apr 22 2006 (UTC)
- It's pretty imporant to have a spam blacklist. We used to have a pretty much round-the-clock job of trying to suppress the spam links manually before we instituted the blacklist. That said, it's pretty clear that cbgb is not spam. Let's add the exact URL to the whitelist. I'm not sure how the gb URL got into the spamlist, but it's almost certainly for a very good reason -- Mark 14:52, 22 April 2006 (EDT)
- I think the user who removed gb.com may not have had good intentions, but rather was experimenting to see what was blocking their actual spam. It's hard to say. We used to get an awful lot of Chinese language spamlinks, and it's sort of weird trying to figure out which regex blocks them and not. Sorry for the inconvenience. -- Mark 15:00, 22 April 2006 (EDT)
Why is this in the spam blacklist? I had to temporarily put it in the whitelist before I could edit the article about Kota Bharu.
Michael 09:50, May 05, 2006 (UTC)
It is the official web page of the Monastery of Anba Bischoi in Wadi en-Natrun in Egypt.
Spam filter is blocking the first 4 letters of Milford. -- Huttite 05:24, 4 June 2007 (EDT)
There's a very unrestrictive filter in place for .cn websites. I've had to add a bunch from Beijing. Deconstruct 04:05, 11 May 2008 (EDT)
- Added another one for \w+ .sh .cn, which is startlingly broad; see also Wikitravel talk:Local spam blacklist#Baoshan district of Shanghai. -- D. Guillaime 02:29, 8 February 2010 (EST)
My web site "http://www (dot)uvatoursindia(dot)com"" is included in the spam black list .This web site is not a spam .So please take the necessary action to include it in the white list.uvatoursindia 08:21,27 June 2008 (EDT)
- Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199 says otherwise, and anyway, at most we would remove your site from the blacklist, not add it to the whitelist. But I don't see a good reason to do so. And this is looking an awful lot like spamming the whitelist talk page... --Peter Talk 10:41, 27 June 2008 (EDT)
The Wolds Retreat
This bed and breakfast is not spam or a third party accommodation broker. It is a registered charity providing a valuable service to visitors of York and East Yorkshire. It has as much right to be listed as the other bed and breakfast listings.
- You might very well be, and your charity might be a good one. But you need to decide where it's located, and stop adding it elsewhere, and I'm all happy removing it from the blacklist. But adding multiple listings for the same business is considered spamming around here, and is not accepted. --Stefan (sertmann) Talk 06:55, 18 September 2009 (EDT)
- → Local blacklist - The World's retreat
- → User talk:Cheekykev
- → User talk:188.8.131.52
almaty-[tramway|trolleybus|bus] dot narod dot ru
These sites contain unofficial maps of Almaty city transport, although they belong to globally banned domain narod dot ru. Robert-Antonio 18:35, 11 January 2011 (EST)
- I probably don't understand to whitelist syntax. I'd like to put links to Almaty city transport maps (almaty-tramway.narod DOT ru/map/atm02-2009.gif, almaty-trolleybus.narod DOT ru/04-2009.jpg and almaty-bus.narod DOT ru/lines.html, so I put their domains to local spam whitelist. But despite all, when I try to put the links to page, the site blocks them, because they match \bnarod DOT ru\b pattern. What do I wrong? Robert-Antonio 08:42, 15 January 2011 (EST)