Based on some requests sent in private email, I've got started an Italian Wikitravel Expedition. Native speakers of Italian should check it out. --Evan 18:06, 9 Aug 2004 (EDT)
When starts the italian-language Wikitravel?
- We need a go-between, and we need the language interface file translated. --Evan 09:51, 17 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- We still do. Does someone want to contact the people who've signed up for this expedition to get these last few tasks finished? --Evan 21:46, 27 Aug 2005 (EDT)
I would like to write articles in italian. Pz-engl 11:08, 20 Oct 2005 (EDT)
If the Italian Wikitravel starts, will be publish here too? Pz-engl 13:29, 21 Oct 2005 (EDT)
- Yes, you'll see some links from here. It'll be a big deal. If you're eager, why not volunteer to be the "go-between"? --Evan 10:49, 25 Oct 2005 (EDT)
Hi boys, so... what about this italian wikitravel? I would like to help :)
Voting for the Go-between gets in the way
Why must the go-between be chosen by voting? Worse yet: why can't a user vote for himself? From what I've seen in previously launched versions, finding a go-between is hard enough when anyone is allowed volunteer to do the job. I don't think voting will help that in any way, unless that two or more users really want to be the go-between, which does not seem to be the case here. Don't let this get in the way of the launching process! --Ricardo (Rmx) 16:55, 17 May 2006 (EDT)
How can we vote for anybody if there are no candidates? Or every subscriber of the expedition is a potential candidate? Simone 17:18, 17 May 2006 (EDT)
I'd really like to start this wikitravel in Italian... it would be a great think... it's really a pity that it's not up yet... COME ON!!!!!!!
If nobody wants to be go-between, I would suggest to vote SabineCretella, who has a huge experience in wiktionary... if she wants to help... Otherwise I can try too...
let's try to start someway!! Dennis 14:16, 23 May 2006 (EDT)
- Hi, Dennis. Why don't you try talking Sabine into undertaking the go-between role? She's been a good contributor to German Wikitravel and could be a great addition to Italian too. Otherwise, you could leave Evan a message telling him that you'd like to volunteer for the job. Italian Wikitravel just seems to need a little pushing to start. Auguri, Ricardo (Rmx) 16:28, 30 May 2006 (EDT)
- Ok, i'll try to contact her and see what she thinks about allthing! Let's hope! :) Dennis 13:35, 8 June 2006 (EDT)
- That'd be super-great. I've set up a new language version at http://wikitravel.org/it/ , currently read-only. When you've worked out who'll be "go-between" for the site, drop me a line on my talk page and I'll add that user as an admin, and set the read-write flag for the site. --Evan 17:28, 8 June 2006 (EDT)
- Hi guys, wikitravel:it starts now. It's editable! (thanx Evan) "Al più presto cerco di scrivere una home page, ma la cosa più importante è che adesso la versione it è editabile. Quindi... aiutateci a farla partire al meglio!" Dennis 03:46, 13 June 2006 (EDT)