I have little personal investment in this particular line of plunging forward, but it started because of a link on the talk page of Soccer in Europe. From there I went to Wikitravel:Other ways of seeing travel where I noticed that the Fields of Pursuit block was being left alone. Then I flipped flopped a bit and decided I'd go ahead and build the structure.
If you build it they will come? -- Ilkirk 22:16, 25 July 2006 (EDT)
- I do wonder (to myself for now) - how will we tell the difference between a Field of Pursuit and an Itinerary? Scuba diving? The lone survivor of a VFD: Talk:Birdwatching in Peru? A mock suggestion from that talk page: Bungee jumping in the United States? -- Ilkirk 22:23, 25 July 2006 (EDT)
- An itinerary is (or at least can be) a particular kind of FoP article: one that follows the Itinerary template. I'm more concerned about how to identify a FoP as compared to travel topics in general, and whether Wikitravel:List of Fields of Pursuit is going to be just a partial duplicate of Travel topics . - Todd VerBeek 22:34, 25 July 2006 (EDT)
- I believe that a FoP is essentially a travel topic which you can do. Looking at the list of Travel topics, FoP will pretty much encompass Travel topics#Travel Activities, plus a few additions, such as Travel_topics#Do. However, a Travel activities page does already exist, which seems to me to be what we're thinking of making here... Tim 05:06, 16 August 2006 (EDT)
- The distinction between Fields of Pursuit and Travel Topics is slight. Maybe meaningless. I think the important thing is to make sure that there are adequate links between them, and to keep both options available to users.Brhumphreys 23:16, 24 February 2008 (EST)
Merge into Travel topics?
Whoah, didn't even know this existed, it seems totally obsolete. Time to officially merge this into Travel topics? Or Travel activities? Jpatokal 10:47, 23 May 2009 (EDT)
- By all means...I had no idea it existed either. Gorilla Jones 11:52, 23 May 2009 (EDT)
- What a strange and musty corner of WT. Since this is obvious overlap, I've gone ahead and merged anything worth merging, and redirected all to travel topics. --Peter Talk 12:15, 23 May 2009 (EDT)