- Benefits of creating an account
Creating an account at Wikitravel gives a bunch of benefits:
- Easier communication — you will receive others' comments on your personal talk page, even if your future visits are from another IP.
- Credit for your contributions — at the bottom of any article you edit.
- Build a reputation — allow other Wikitravellers to distinguish you from other anonymous users, and provide you with a greater level of trust.
- Watchlist — a list of pages for which you want to keep track of future changes -- including changes someone else makes in the future to the contributions you yourself made. You can even set an email alert for when this happens!
- Upload photos to Wikitravel Shared to be used in articles.
- The ability to begin a brand new destination article page.
- Protect your privacy: Edit without your IP address being visible, except to a few highly trusted administrators who do not release it publicly.
- Become a Wikitravel:Docent — if you know a destination(s) well and would like to share your knowledge.
- Be nominated for adminship, and the ability to gain permissions.
- Edit semi-protected pages. IP address users are not allowed to edit pages of this security level, but registered Autoconfirmed users can.
- Preferences menu — customize your Wikitravel experience, including turning off advertising.