See also: Special:Protectedpages & Wikitravel:Protected page policy
This is the list of protected pages on Wikitravel. Administrators who protect a page should list it here with the reason it was protected so that others can see the reasons and comment.
A fully protected page can only be edited by administrators. Semi-protected pages can be edited by any logged-in user, but not anonymous users.
Permanent full protection
Permanently protected redirects
These are non-article spambot magnets.
- Main Page. Protected against moves only because it is the hardwired entry point to the site and should never be moved. Edits are still allowed by all users. -- Ryan 00:08, 21 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- Scratch that, protection currently disallows edits by anonymous users. --Peter Talk 07:11, 19 December 2007 (EST)
- I have protected the templates used in the main page too. -- Colin 18:14, 31 July 2008 (EDT)
- Wikitravel:Travellers' pub — edit=default & move=sysop. This is enough of a main portal where I think we should give it some level of protection against move vandalism. And if I'm not mistaken, there will never be a reason to move it. --Peter Talk 00:02, 4 April 2009 (EDT)
- Mordor. Per Talk:Mordor this was a joke page for April 1, 2010, and since that date has passed this is now essentially an archive page. -- Ryan • (talk) • 12:29, 2 April 2010 (EDT)
Main page templates
Protected per Main Page rationale above.
These protections should be reviewed periodically and removed as soon as possible.