This is the list of protected pages on Wikitravel. Administrators who protect a page should list it here with the reason it was protected so that others can see the reasons and comment.
A fully protected page can only be edited by administrators. Semi-protected pages can be edited by any logged-in user, but not anonymous users.
 Permanent full protection
- Wikitravel:full text of the Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license. This is the license for Wikitravel articles, and must remain verbatim. So, I protected it. -- Evan 07:43, 14 Aug 2003 (PDT)
- Wikitravel:full text of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2. Some contributors want to release their work on Wikitravel under dual licenses; this page was added in order to facilitate that. It is protected because it's only supposed to be copied verbatim. -- Evan 09:51, 2 Nov 2003 (PST)
 Permanently protected redirects
These are non-article spambot magnets.
 Permanent semi-protection
- Main Page. Protected against moves only because it is the hardwired entry point to the site and should never be moved. Edits are still allowed by all users. -- Ryan 00:08, 21 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- Wikitravel:Local spam blacklist. Unregistered users=block & move=sysop only per discussion (Ryan's comment) at Wikitravel talk:Local spam blacklist/Archive 2005 - February 2008#Semi-protect? --Peter Talk
- Wikitravel:Travellers' pub — edit=default & move=sysop. This is enough of a main portal where I think we should give it some level of protection against move vandalism. And if I'm not mistaken, there will never be a reason to move it. --Peter Talk 00:02, 4 April 2009 (EDT)
- Talk:Travel topics. Protected against non-autoconfirmed edits due to the massive volume of spam that the page gets hit with and per Wikitravel talk:Protected page policy#Talk:Travel topics. -- Ryan • (talk) • 13:23, 6 December 2009 (EST)
- Mordor. Per Talk:Mordor this was a joke page for April 1, 2010, and since that date has passed this is now essentially an archive page. -- Ryan • (talk) • 12:29, 2 April 2010 (EDT)
 Main page templates
Protected per Main Page rationale above.
- Template:Current collaboration
 Temporary semi-protection
These protections should be reviewed periodically and removed as soon as possible.
- Wikitravel:Language.php & Wikitravel talk:Language.php
- Shankarpur - see Talk:Mandarmani#Protection revisited. I've protected this page for one week as it is getting tiresome to nightly revert a tour spammer. -- Ryan • (talk) • 11:20, 12 November 2010 (EST)
- Wadi Rum - One week protection against anonymous edits. See Talk:Wadi Rum#Protection of article. -- Ryan • (talk) • 01:21, 23 June 2011 (EDT)