Progress in general
- Article count: 154. Mostly outlines but a few significant contributions have been made and there are 3 new usable articles (although we haven't established article rating there yet) and a few new images too.
- Translation of core policies and help pages has advanced and is almost finished. A Translation Expedition has been started but had no concrete results yet.
- Had our first deleted images (copyvios) after the due voting
- Detected a few positive reactions towards the Portuguese-language version on weblogs and Linux communities but nothing on the big media yet.
- Decided to postpone upload of country templates until they get proper discussion
19 new registered users (58 now, a 50% increase) but only 2 or 3 making actual contributions and only on specific articles (except for the very helpful User:Episteme who's been interlanguage-ing articles in all versions). Apparently there are no regular anonymous contributors.
Focus during the next month
- Translate more of the Manual of style
- Keep on promoting pt: especially in Wikipedia (I'm using a special MediaWiki template for that there) and towards lusophone countries other than Brazil
- Bulk upload of flags to Wikitravel Shared would still be useful, though I don't know how to do it myself
- When interlanguage links to a pt: user page are placed on other language versions, the software won't suppress the namespace only for Portuguese. Check it here and here
I've tried editing the system message but can't make a wiki link out of the html on link on the top of pt:Especial:Watchlist
- Fixed. Ricardo (Rmx) 18:22, 10 April 2006 (EDT)
- Pt: is operating quite smoothly
- There is still no real community in activity but as the number of users and articles increases, we can expect to have one.
Thanks for your incoming comments. Ricardo (Rmx) 17:14, 2 April 2006 (EDT)
- First, thanks for your excellent work on pt:. I'm very proud and appreciative of what you've done there, and I think pt: is a great example of a Wikitravel language version.
- Second, please hang in there. It takes time to build up a new wiki. When en: started, we had an initial rush and some frenetic activity, and then about 3-6 months of torpor before we started growing again. New language versions can kind of benefit from each others' experience, but I think the main thing is persistence and patience.
- Lastly, if I recall correctly User:Jpatokal said something about doing a mass upload of flags and maps to shared. Maybe check with him? --Evan 09:55, 5 April 2006 (EDT)
- Mr. Roboto is uploading maps and flags right now. It should be finished by the end of today. Jpatokal