Wichita is the largest city in Kansas, in the United States of America.
Wichita is located at the junction of Interstates 135 & 35 (Kansas Turnpike)
Wichita Mid-Continent Airport, , five miles west of the city's center, serves nine carriers providing service to 11 cities across the country, most of which are major hubs with connecting service to points around the world.
- Allegiant Air, . Service to/from Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and Phoenix.
- American Airlines, . Service to/from Chicago and Dallas/Fort Worth.
- Delta Air Lines, . Service to/from Atlanta, Memphis, and Minneapolis/St. Paul
- United Airlines, . Service to/from Chicago,Denver and Houston.
- Frontier Airlines, . Service to/from Denver.
- Greyhound, . Buses stop at a terminal in downtown Wichita.
- Los Paisanos, . Bus stop at 2210 North Somerset Street Tel. (316) 831-0817. This company travel to the south of USA and Mexico. Buses to Kansas City can be found
- Amtrak,  doesn't serve the city directly, but its Southwest Chief service that runs between Chicago and Los Angeles stops daily in Newton, a town 25 miles north of the city's center, around 3 in the morning. From Newton, you'll need to rent a car or hire a taxi to get to Wichita, and arrangements are best made in advance for either, particularly given the hour of arrival.
- City Bus, . As the only form of public transit serving the city, bus service may cover the areas near some sights you'd want to see, but not nearly all. Routes are long and the wait for the next bus can stretch to an hour. In general, this is not a good way to get around.
- Taxi. Hailable only at the airport, they don't even queue at downtown hotels. Points of interest are far enough apart that a rental car quickly becomes cost-effective. When taking a taxi from the airport, be sure to negotiate a fare BEFORE you get in. The driver may tell customers to pay more than what is listed on the meter.
- Rental Car. If you didn't drive to Wichita, you'll likely want to rent a car when you arrive.
- Navigating Wichita. Wichita is almost exclusively a driving town. Even so, traffic is generally lighter than most larger cities, and parking is almost always free and plentiful, even downtown. Wichita's streets are laid out in a fairly easy to navigate grid system.
- No trip to Wichita is complete without an excursion through the nearby Flint Hills, and that's only possible in a car (preferably a convertible).
- Old Town . Located downtown, just east of the central business district. This entertainment district is one of the must see places if you are traveling to the city. It boasts over 100 shops, restaurants, and bars, all within walking distance. Old Town includes several museums: Museum of World Treasures , Wichita - Sedgwick County Historical Museum , and the Great Plains Transportation Museum.
- Sedgwick County Zoo , 5555 Zoo Boulevard, (316) 227-2121, . Open every day 8:30AM-5PM summer, 10AM-5PM winter. The largest zoo in Kansas and one of the largest in the United States. The zoo is home to more than 2,500 animals of nearly 500 different species. Adults: $10; Ages 62+: $7; 4-11: $6.
- Wichita Public Library Genealogy Center (Wulfmeyer Genealogy Center), 223 South Main (next door to Century II Convention Center), ☎ 316-261-8509, . Mon-Thurs 10AM-8PM, Fri-Sat 10AM-6PM, Sun 1PM-5PM. Closed Sun in summer. The Genealogy Center has over 23,000 genealogy books, 15,000 rolls of microfilm, and access to genealogy databases. Includes books on every state with strong collections on Kansas, the Great Plains, the Civil War, and Native Americans. edit
- Bradley Fair. This upscale outdoor mall on North Rock Road has many trendy clothing stores found in big cities, as well as a few restaurants, water fountains, and an amazing duck pond.
- New Market Square, . This sprawling shopping center, on North Maize Road, has stores ranging from Wal-Mart and Super Target to specialty clothing stores, book stores, restaurants, and more.
- Towne East Square Mall, . Located on East Kellogg, this is a typical indoor shopping mall anchored by Sears, JCPenney, Dillard's and Von Maur.
- Towne West Square Mall, . Located at West Kellogg and Interstate 235. Similar to Towne East. Anchor stores include Sears, Dillard's JCPenney, and Dick's Sporting Goods.
- The Waterfront. This recent addition to east Wichita is located on Beech Lake, just east of the intersection of 13th Street and Webb Road. The majestic fountain is brilliant at night, and many upscale restaurants and bars are starting to develop as well. A great place for fine dining if you're in the area.
- The Donut Whole Serving donuts 24/7 with vegan options, locally sourced ingredients, and live music.
- Nu Way, various locations in town. Famous for crumbly-meat hamburgers, and brewing their own root beer on the premises. edit
- Old Town  is home to many bars. Located near downtown.
- Days Inn Hotel, 901 East 53rd Street North, +1 316 832-1131, Fax: +1 316 832-0591, . Near the Mid-Continent Airport ICT, with many attractions right round the hotel like the famous Greyhound Park or the Kansas Coliseum.
- Hawthorn Suites Wichita, 2405 N. Ridge Road, Tel: 316-729-5700, . Situated on the beautiful 15th fairway of the Reflection Ridge Golf Course, a PGA Championship Course. This hotel offers 52 business studio suites complete with all the amenities.
- Scotman Inn West Wichita, 5922 W. Kellogg, +1 316 943-3800, Fax: +1 316 943-3800, . Near downtown and the Convention Center, and near the Kansas Newman University.
- Mark 8 Inn Wichita Hotel, 1130 N. Broadway, +1 316 265-4679, Fax: +1 316 265-4679, . Close proximity to the central business district.
- Hyatt Regency, 400 West Waterman St., ☎ (316)293-1234. edit
- Aloft Wichita Northeast, 3642 N Oliver Ave, Wichita, KS 67220, ☎ 316-744-1100. checkin: 3:00 pm; checkout: 12:00 pm. This 124 room hotel is located on the Northeast side of Wichita. Close to Bradley Fair, Wichita State University, and Hartman Arena. edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!