Western Gambia lies along the country's short Atlantic coast and the land around the mouth of the Gambia River.
- Makasutu Culture Forest, (north of Brikama), . edit
- Kachikally Sacred Crocodile Pool, Bakao, ☎ ''+220'' 7782479 (email@example.com), . More than 80 crocodiles that are so tame that you are allowed to pet them D50. edit
- Bijilo Forest Park, (at Kololi). Birds and monkeys GMD20. edit
- Brikama Market. big market with some interesting stores, e.g., batik edit
- Brikama Craft Market, (ca 10 km north of Brikama, i.e., too far to walk from Brikama). has 20-30 small stores with mostly wood carvings. Better selection than the similar stores at tourist attractions and hotels edit
- Gena Bes Batiks, no 16, Salung St, Bakau (in Bakau between the old Kachikally Cinema and the Crocodile pool), ☎ 495614. Nice batik designs from GMD 1000. edit