West Moscow Oblast is a region in Moscow Oblast.
- Istra — a town famous for its New Jerusalem Monastery
- Krasnogorsk — a small city on the Moscow River best known for its Moscow Country Club Resort and its fine classical estates
- Odintsovo — an industrial city of 130,000; not a tourist destination
- Vereya — inside this small historic village's kremlin is a 16th century Cathedral of the Nativity, erected in honor of the Russian conquest of Kazan
- Volokolamsk — a historic town, home to the important Saint Joseph of Volokolamsk Monastery
- Zvenigorod — a small town with its own kremlin, which contains the wonderfully preserved Saviour Cathedral (1399) and its interior frescoes by Russia's greatest painter Andrei Rublev, as well as the Savvino-Storozhevsky Monastery and some extravagant 19th century dachas
- Borodino Battlefield - one of the three major Russian Battlefields that made history.