Weaverville  is a town in Buncombe County, North Carolina.
The Asheville Regional Airport (IATA: AVL)  offers jet and commuter service on US Airways, Delta Air Lines, and Continental Airlines and has direct flights from Atlanta, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Newark, NJ, and Orlando. It is located fifteen miles south of downtown Asheville near the town of Fletcher. Ground transportation and major rental car companies are available at the airport terminal.
Flights into Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (IATA: GSP)  located in Greenville, South Carolina, Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)  located in Charlotte, North Carolina, or McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS)  located in Knoxville, Tennessee, are sometimes cheaper than flying directly to Asheville. Greenville is about a 1.5 hour drive, Charlotte and Knoxville are both about 2 hour drives.
Like most of Western North Carolina, you do need a car to get to and from Weaverville. Once on Main Street, it's an easy walk to much of the shopping, restaurants, and accommodations in the area. Limited bus service to and from Asheville is also available.
- Vance Birthplace, 911 Reems Creek Rd, ☎ (828) 645-6706 (email@example.com), . Apr-Oct Tu-Sa 9AM-5PM; Nov-Mar Tu-Sa 10AM-4PM. edit
Learn more about visiting the Vance Birthplace at Vance Birthplace
- Art in Autumn, Main Street, . 10 a.m.-5 p.m.. Art in Autumn showcases a diverse range of juried Art and Craft with over 100 artists and craftspeople. Also features food and music, free admission and free parking. edit
- Christmas Candlelight Stroll, Main Street, . 6-9 p.m.. Make plans to join us as Weaverville will be aglow with luminaries along the streets, local choirs and bands will provide music, and horse and buggy rides will be available through town. Local businesses will be open late for Christmas shopping. Kids can visit with Santa and decorate their own cookies. edit
- Weaverville Art Safari, . The self-guided studio tours are held the last full weekend in April and the first full weekend in November, coinciding with the beautiful spring and fall seasons in the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. The tours are free and open to the public, and some artists' studios are open year-round by appointment. edit
- Art Accents, 1 South Main Street, ☎ +1 828 658-9133, . edit
- Brown's Floral Design, . M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 9AM-1PM. edit
- Curtis Wright Outfitters, 24 North Main Street, . +1 828 645-8700. edit
- Maggie B's Wine & Specialty Shop, 113 North Main Street, . edit
- Mangum Pottery, 16 North Main Street, ☎ +1 828 645-4929, . M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 10AM-4PM. edit
- Miya Gallery, 20 North Main Street, ☎ +1 828 658-9655, . M-F 10AM-5:30PM, Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 12PM-4PM. edit
- Preservation Hall, 115 North Main Street, ☎ +1 828 645-1047, . Antiques, Architectural Salvage, Vintage Hardware & Fixtures, Regional Arts & Crafts edit
- Reems Creek Valley Nursery & Landscaping, 70 Monticello Road, . edit
- Weaverville Drug Company, 3 North Main Street, . M-F 9AM-6:30PM, Sa 9AM-4PM. edit
- Weaverville Pet Pantry, 25/70 & Monticello Road, ☎ +1 828 484-9247, . Tu-F 11AM-7PM, Sa 10AM-5PM. edit
- Shop Around the Corner, 55 North Main Street, ☎ 828-777-9206, . edit
- Athens Restaurant, 247 North Main Street, ☎ +1 828 645-8458, . Italian and Greek fare. edit
- Blue Mountain Pizza, 55 North Main Street, . Tu-Su 11AM-9PM. Live music every night (except Mondays) edit
- Chapala, 163 Weaver Blvd. edit
- Mike's Grill, 5 South Main Street, . edit
- The Pizzeria, 285 North Main Street. edit
- Poppy's, 10 Tri-City Plaza. edit
- Peking East, 97 Weaver Blvd. edit
- Stoney Knob Cafe, 337 Merrimon Avenue, ☎ +1 828 645-3309, . Tu-F 11AM-9PM, Sa 8AM-9:30PM, Su 9:30AM-3PM. edit
- Sunnyside Cafe, 18 North Main Street. edit
- Weaverville Milling Company, 1 Old Mill Lane, ☎ +1 828 645-4700, . edit
- Well-Bred Bakery, 26 North Main Street, ☎ +1 828 645-9300, . Tu-Th 7AM-8PM, F 7AM-10PM, Sa 8AM-10PM, Su 8AM-8PM. Gourmet pastries, artisan breads, fine gourmet foods and shade-grown, organic coffees. Live music Friday and Saturday nights. edit
Weaverville does not allow liquor by the drink, so you won't find your favorite cocktail at any of the local restaurants. A vote to build a state-run ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Commission) liquor store recently passed, and plans are for the store to open in October 2009. Liquor can be purchased in nearby Woodfin or Asheville.
Beer and wine are available for purchase at most markets, grocery stores and gas stations. The alcohol laws of North Carolina prohibit the sale of alcohol after 2AM Monday through Saturday, and from 2AM until noon on Sundays.
- Maggie B's Wine & Specialty Shop, 113 North Main Street, .
- Ingles Market, 140 Weaver Boulevard, .
- Food Lion, 130 Weaver Boulevard, .
- Ingles, 499 weaverville road. 7 am- 11 pm 7 days a week. edit
- walmart, 25 northridge commons parkway. edit
- Dry Ridge Inn, 26 Brown Street, ☎ 1-800-839-3899, . checkin: 4PM-8PM; checkout: 11AM. $125-180. edit
- The Essence Center, 530 Upper Flat Creek Road, ☎ 828-658-8198, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. edit
- Inn on Main Street, 88 South Main Street, ☎ 877-873-6074 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . $125-165. edit
- The Secret Garden Inn & Spa, 56 North Main Street, ☎ 800-797-8211 (email@example.com), . $140-250. edit
Asheville is a 10 minute drive to the south.
Blue Ridge Parkway is a 10-minute drive (Reems Creek Road to Ox Creek Road takes you to Milepost 376.6)
|Routes through Weaverville
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!